Paramore (Official Thread)

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
I got all three studio albums in the mail last week, and have been listening for a week or better. Of the three, I'm leaning towards the first one as my favorite.

I guess I'm fortunate, having only discovered this band recently. Unlike AboutAGirl, I got it all at once, rather than having each album grow on me over a period of time.

Therefore, my comparisons don't have the roots AboutAGirl's has.

From a musical standpoint, the albums are tight. They're a lot heavier than one would think. I guess if I had to give it a genre, the prevailing one would be punk. That's mainly their song structure, but that's not on every cut.

Vocally, though, sometimes Hayley's vocals get washed out in the music during the chorus. Nothing wrong with her voice, just something going on with the mixing there.

Speaking of her voice, it's not spectacular, but it is powerful. Their music fits her vocals.

If I had to choose one thing I'd change about this band, it'd be their harmonies. There's nothing wrong with what they do. It's just that there's so little of it. But, like I said above, her voice is plenty strong, but she doesn't have a whole lot of range. Hence the limited harmonies.

Of course, I'm a huge Avril fan, so I'm spoiled when it comes to the harmonies.

Anyhow, still lovin' this band and I will be picking up their new one on the 9th.

Last edited:

Metal Head Mike

Reaction score
I just came around to Paramore like a year ago. I like a lot of there songs. Didn't think I would enjoy there music. But it surprised me.

50sRock50s

Reaction score
Anybody listen to their album Paramore that came out today? So far, I think it's great.

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
I have it and ran through it once. Overall It's an upbeat rocker.

There are three short interludes (featuring a ukulele, pretty cool) that appear to be references towards the band's personal comings and goings.

I have to burn it to a blank cd for the car. I am horrendously bad about taking care of cds, so I always burn it. That way the original stays new.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I dig the new album. Bit of variety I find nice.
The opener Fast In My Car I like a lot.

Even a mellow song like Hate To See Your Heart Break is cool.

How exactly is Hayley a douche? I've never heard that before from anyone.

Got the new album. Will probably listen to it tomorrow morning.
Not to mention I can't understand how a whole band can be disliked because one member may or may not be a douche. lol

Reaction score
That new album isn't from Paramore, it is from a group who has bastardized the Paramore name. There is no Paramore without Josh and Zac Farro.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Eh it still sounds Paramore to me.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliverevans