One Album Wonders Or Not?

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
For anyone who is a Layne Staley fan.....Mad Season released "Above" in 1995. Mad Season was :

Layne Staley ~ Alice in Chains ~ Vocals, Rhythm Guitar & Album cover design
Mike McCready ~ Pearl Jam ~ Lead & Rhythm Guitar
Barrett Martin ~ Screaming Trees ~ Drums
John Baker Saunders ~ The Walkabouts ~ Bass

MadSeason-Above-Front.jpg

MadSeason-Above-Back.jpg

River of Deceit

I'm Above (album title comes from this track)

What a great album I remember it coming out, very underated:)

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Here is another band that made only one studio album, a classic album:)

thumbnail.aspx

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Classic Rock magazine included the Mad Season album in their Every Home Should Have One series, along with the Argent live album, Warren Zevon with REM and a Michael Bolton heavy rock album. I have never heard the album - is it grunge?

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Big Ears, If you are talking about Mad Season's "Above" album, I would say yes, it's grunge.......but also has some decent blues rock influences, too.

If you click on River Of Deceit...and go to YT....you can listen to the album :)

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Big Ears, If you are talking about Mad Season's "Above" album, I would say yes, it's grunge.......but also has some decent blues rock influences, too.

If you click on River Of Deceit...and go to YT....you can listen to the album :)

I was and I will. Thanks.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Here is another band that made only one studio album, a classic album:)

thumbnail.aspx

We must be on the same page. Sweaty, because I was about to post that one! The problem with The La's was their constantly-changing lineup. Their music had some classic retro touches to it that made it hard to believe that songs like "There She Goes" were a product of that time period and not some classic 60's tune. :)

Fever

Reaction score
Originally Neal Schon had formed another band with Sammy Hagar,Michael Anthony and Joe Satriani called Planet US.That band fell through so Neal formed Soul SirkUS with Journey drummer Deen Castronovo,Jeff Scott Soto and Marco Mendoza. Castronovo was on the album but fell ill to exhaustion and Virgil Donati replaced him on drums

coltrane2

Musicologist
Reaction score
:tup::tup::tup:
Signal, a cracking AOR band made up of Mark Free (King Kobra, Unruly Child), Danny Jacob (Grand Illusion), Erik Scott (Alice Cooper) and Jan Uvena (Alice Cooper, Alcatrazz). Their one album, 1990's Loud & Clear is great, fans of Journey and Bad English will love these guys.

Signal.jpg

Front.jpg

Arms of a Stranger

My Mistake (w/ Eric Martin on backing vocals)

Could This Be Love

:)

Good LP. Also check out Unruly Child (two albums with Mark Free and one without him, although she's now Marcia Free)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online