One Album Wonders Or Not?

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
We must be on the same page. Sweaty, because I was about to post that one! The problem with The La's was their constantly-changing lineup. Their music had some classic retro touches to it that made it hard to believe that songs like "There She Goes" were a product of that time period and not some classic 60's tune. :)

I agree ILJP, I went to see them some years ago in Bath in a very small venue, can't reca;; what line up it was but Lee was there and it was electric, we tried to steal the recording they made of the show but alas didn't make it. Was supposed to be a secret gig but we worked in a music shop so found out:)

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Two more one album wonders spotted in my album collection......:grinthumb

BURNING TREE

Recorded 1990 featuring guitarist/vocalist Marc Ford who later joined THE BLACK CROWES. This is a wonderful album full of psychedelic blues rock with Hendrix/Cream riffs with a Morrison vocal style........

THE THROBS

"The language of thieves and vagabonds"......an album that strangely appeared in a lot of my friends record collection......oh have you got this too?......what ever happenned to these guys ?
A quality album recorded 1991 with Bob Ezrin production......with a psychedelic sleaze rock feel to it. They deserved more and were dropped by record label.

Attachments

• throbs_front.jpg
    throbs_front.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 69

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Great choices there Lou, I don't have them but remember them being released, not enough support from the record companies again I guess:(

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
some nice albums listed

Here is one on fond of.

Khan-Space Shanty
e70827q92mq.jpg

Driving to Amsterdam

"Khan biography
KHAN's bio reads like a who's who of former and future celebs from EGG, GONG, HATFIELD & THE NORTH and NATIONAL HEALTH. The initial line-up of this early 70's Canterbury outfit consisted of keyboard player Dave Stewart, guitarist Steve Hillage, bassist Nick Greenwood and drummer Pip Pyle. Before recording their one and only album, Pyle moved on to GONG and was replaced by Eric Peachy (ex-DR. K'S BLUES BAND). The group disbanded after the release of the album in 1972.

"Space Shanty" is made up of six ambitious tracks composed almost entirely by Hillage. All four musicians are in fine form but the album is particularly dominated by Hillage's spacey/bluesy guitar and Stewart's effervescent Hammond play. Although much of the material is based on a repetitive verse/chorus/verse cycle and has recurrent musical themes, the band frequently breaks out into extended instrumental freak outs, either soloing or engaging in formidable guitar/organ interplay. This album is a fine sample of early Canterbury/bluesy space rock.

A must-have for Canterbury fans, and not merely for its historical value"
Prog Archives

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Here is another little one off gem...

Wet Animal - Wet Animal, an offshoot from Trouble, great album

Wet%20Animal.jpg

Last edited:

Rock Candy

Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
Reaction score
Armageddon(1975) - Armageddon

- Keith Relf / vocals, harmonica
- Martin Pugh / guitars
- Louis Cennamo / bass
- Bobby Caldwell / drums

5/5

Good stuff! I have to wonder though, did any of the tracks from the attempted 80s reunion with Jeff Fenholt on vocals ever get commercially released (Hell, even leaked)?

:tup::tup::tup:

:)

Good LP. Also check out Unruly Child (two albums with Mark Free and one without him, although she's now Marcia Free)

I've only heard the first Unruly Child album at my friend's house once or twice (I've had a poke around on the internet a few times to try and find a copy, but it seems as rare as hen's teeth), but loved every minute of it. I know Bobby Kimball's Rise Up album has several Unruly Child covers that he originally sang backing vocals on.

Mark Free's Long Way from Love album is really good too, I think it might well have been his only solo album before he became Marcie?

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Here is another decent gem from 1969; Skip Spence released "Oar". Skip is a founder of Moby Grape, and played with Jefferson Airplane & Quicksilver Messenger Service.

skip-450x450.jpg

Little Hands

War in Peace

skip%2Bspence%2Bad.jpg

Some really trippy music :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof