Musicians / Bands for Which Owning a "Greatest Hits" Compilation is Enough

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I agree with AK on this one, I bought numerous "Hits" packages on CD's when they first came out, Because many of the single albums were not available at the time. And since then they have released two or three or more updated CD versions along the way, but if I can't get the albums I want then a compilation is a good substitute.

Annie, I don't know if Fox mentioned them but "Streetheart's Greatest Hits" is really good, has most of their best material and the live tracks are excellently done too.

Tattoo'd Lady

Scentless Apprentice
Reaction score
^^I am sure TL is just tweaking yer tail feathers Annie.:D

Jethro Tull, M.U. Volume one is a great collection of his best early songs, I bought it in 1975 and it was the gateway to exploring the rest of his music.

uhhh no, i just don't see the appeal

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
I don't care how insignificant a band is, a "greatest hits" collection is about the last thing I buy from any particular artist, except perhaps for live recordings.

So my answer is NONE.

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
images

Stands well on its own.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Keeping in the same spirit as Shadow, here's my first CSN&Y album.

album-so-far.jpg

I do prefer to get a proper studio album like Aero mentioned, but sometimes I only want a bands best songs on one record.

LivingDead

Fiend For Life
Reaction score
I actually just bought a couple of Greatest hits albums, and I must say, I am very content. I bought CCR Chronicle and I got best of Reel Big Fish. Most of the time, the songs on the greatest hits albums are the only songs I really listen to from that band. Like, on the Chronicles Cd, it's got all the classics like Fortunate Son, or Bad Moon Rising. I don't need to spend a crapload of money to get a bunch of stuff that I'm most likely not going to listen to anyway.

Fisha

Reaction score
I can actually concur with exactly what you said there. I own the CCR greatest hits whcih has always sufficed when I need a dose. As for Reel Big Fish I got really into them and downloaded the discography, realised that that was too much and deleted it, proceeded to make myself a greatest hits compilation and have not regretted it

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online