Motley Crue (Official Thread)

rtbuck

Reaction score
Re: The Official MOTLEY CRUE Thread

I definitely will see Motley crue this summer. They're coming to my area & I am psyched!! Sure it will be fun seeing the Crue with Poison but I'm going because...The NY Dolls are opening!!!!!!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I had a feeling you would show up and say exactly that Sir Bucky of Buffalo...:grinthumb

And I hope you enjoy the concert.:cheers2

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I heard on the radio a couple nights ago that Nikki Sixx told (not asked) the New York Dolls that he would be playing bass on "Personality Crisis". Apparently they haven't gotten back to him on that yet so he's joked about kicking one of his favorite bands off of the tour because they don't want to play with him. :bonk:

Jewels319

Reaction score

WooHoo!!!! Crue! Ventured here from Crue's respective forums which seem to have gone quiet....odd....considering the upcoming tour. Alot of fans I hve spoken to have basically gone with the big hits....Kickstart, Girls, WildSide.....I myself love Primal Scream...but blow my speakers with Live Wire, Redhot........All In The Name Of......not many people play the "older" stuff. Even my kids love it.....my youngest has this thing for cowbell.....more cowbell! They are touring with Poison and the NY Dolls this summer....any comments???????

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

Theatre of Pain, havent heard a lot of praise for but I enjoy the consistency of it, pretty underated record of theirs when you compare to Dr Feelgood, Too Fast for Love and Shout at the Devil.

I've always been a big fan of Theatre of Pain. It's not as in-your-face as Shout at the Devil or Too Fast For Love, but it's a very solid album.

I'd probably have to say that aside from Home Sweet Home (the original version, not the re-recorded one), my favorite song on the album might be Save Our Souls. I don't think it ever got any airplay, but I still crank than one up when it comes on.

:grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I've heard Mick Mars knock on Theater of Pain himself...and that it isn't a good CRUE album, but it's one of my favorites....Use It Or Lose It, Raise Your Hands To Rock, Tonight (We Need a Lover) , Louder Than Hell....what's not to like??

I also find it a solid album. So much so that it's qualified as a good starting point for new Crue fans or those curious, IMO.

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score

I loved em way back in '83-84 when I had their first album and Shout At The Devil. They lost me with Theater Of Pain and never got me back again. I liked their heavier direction in the late 80's but I didnt buy anything of theirs after Theater Of Pain (which I gave away). Their bad boy image might work for most people but it makes me yawn. For me its about the music and apart from maybe Tommy Lee, they had zero talent. I know rock isnt always about talent, it's about attitude, so it's obviously worked for them and good for them.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Generation Swine was a horrible horrible pathetic album, everything they did after Dr Feelgood is complete garbage.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

Generation Swine was a horrible horrible pathetic album, everything they did after Dr Feelgood is complete garbage.
I feel that way about everything other than Primal Scream (on their first greatest hits album) and Saints of Los Angeles. Other than that, I'm not a fan of really anything they did in the studio after Dr Feelgood either. But everything from inception to Dr Feelgood was gold. (well, the vast majority of it was anyway)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Staff online

Members online