Motley Crue (Official Thread)

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Re: The Official MOTLEY CRUE Thread

I Love my CRUE !!! They first came to my attention when they cited ANGEL,KISS and THE SWEET as influences. This band I had to hear !!
I bought the debut album "too fast for love" and was impressed by their style.
They showed potential. I also remember a quote by the band in their early days....."one day most bands will try to look like us....commenting on their glam over the top backcombed hair image. My god...many a true word spoken.
By the time they released "Shout at the devil" the band became huge..and rightly so , the album even today is absolutely outstanding...heavy ,catchy it has the lot !!!
MOTLEY CRUE....TRUE GLAM GODS

Last edited:

Eyre

Reaction score

I like them. Sixx:A.M was not bad too, just a bit too soft...

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Dr Feelgood and Shout at the Devil are probably my favourite albums :)

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

Forgot to mention I fell asleep to these and Queensryche or something like that, 1991 Donnington if I am not mistakedn LOU/REALM?

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

I blame the heat and the beer Sweaty.....yes it was the Donnington festival some several years ago....how can you miss Queensryche and Crue?? Crue...were not to be fair on form that day......METALLICA and AC/DC were !!!!

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

That is why I was snoozing, I wanted to be ready for the mighty ACDC and Metallica of course...I have seen Crue since and they were good, I was not asleep that time lol.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score

A friend and I made a pact never to see the Crue live after Vince Neil sleptwalk and croaked his way through a solo show about ten years ago near my town.

Love the band's records but I'll never pay to see them in concert, no matter what Tommy Lee has going on with his drum solo or titty cams during the set.

I'm sure Tommy and Nikki hold up their end of the bargain and probably Mick Mars too but for me, the singer has gotta be bringing it in concert and I've heard mostly bad things about Vince's performance live.

Syd

Reaction score

They just announce this week that Motley Crue is coming to Chile. So depending on the price range I'm gonna go. :D

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

I really wasnt impressed with the New Tattoo album. Pretty poor by Motleys standards.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Theatre of Pain, havent heard a lot of praise for but I enjoy the consistency of it, pretty underated record of theirs when you compare to Dr Feelgood, Too Fast for Love and Shout at the Devil.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JessKellow

Members online