Most overrated rock artists of all time?

overrated band?

• Pink Floyd

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Blink 182

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • Rolling Stones

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Rush

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Tool

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Led Zeppelin

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • U2

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • The Beatles

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Oasis

Votes: 6 11.3%

• Total voters

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Off of the poll I picked Oasis because they're a fourth-rate Beatles cop with no more than a couple good songs and yet they're considered Gods in some places. I could also go for Tool... they're neat and all but they're barely a pimple on the face of music. If you're looking for heavy experimental music there's a million better places to go. Tool's never recorded a second of music that rivals anything Burzum's done except for his prison albums.

I also considered U2, but I don't think they're overrated. They're a great band and are rated accordingly. I just don't like the fact that their brand of inoffensive mellowed-out lite-rock has become synonymous with "rock n roll" in many peoples minds and in reference to bands like Radiohead and Coldplay. It's good music but it rocks about as much as James Taylor's softest moments.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I have allways had a bit of a problem with the Sex Pistols being regarded as a great band,there's not much to go by,i have there entire studio collection,1 album.

I've wondered the same thing, and I don't even like that record.:nw:

I haven't voted in this one yet,,,I am leaning towards Oasis though, my prejudice against them is well known, and AAG summed up a lot of my feelings in his summation.:grinthumb

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have allways had a bit of a problem with the Sex Pistols being regarded as a great band,there's not much to go by,i have there entire studio collection,1 album.

Yea, what he said. :D

From the list though, I chose Blink 182. I am not into this pop band or its gumball sing-along music, music which is only tolerable through a set of cheap headphones, the ones that cut out frequently, that way my ears don't get a full scale assault.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JessKellow

Members online