Most overrated rock artists of all time?

overrated band?

• Pink Floyd

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Blink 182

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • Rolling Stones

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Rush

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Tool

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Led Zeppelin

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • U2

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • The Beatles

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Oasis

Votes: 6 11.3%

• Total voters

Masherbrum

Riding the Steel Breeze
Reaction score
I agree with Troggy here...cover songs have nothing to do with it, at least where Elvis is concerned, or any other artist for that matter. Whether Elvis' version of Hound Dog outdid Big Mama Thornton's is no reflection on Elvis. It's a fact that race did influence the music business in the early days of rock, but that's not Elvis's fault whether or not he benfitted from it.
And your Chuck Berry vs. the Beach Boys example is an illustration of plagiarism and copyright infingement, not racism. And truthfully Chuck Berry was just recycling riffs and chord patterns that had been around for decades anyway.

Correct on all points.

CREAM'd

Reaction score
I notice that Nirvanah are missing from the list of choices,is that because in order for them to be judged as an overrated band,they first have to be rated as a band.:)

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
When a band has at least one song which is liked by, I'd say, the majority of the music listenning population I find it hard to consider them overrated.

They can if they're then dubbed the "World's Biggest Band" by some observers on just that or some other equally flimsy basis.

:drums:

Last edited:

CREAM'd

Reaction score
I have allways had a bit of a problem with the Sex Pistols being regarded as a great band,there's not much to go by,i have there entire studio collection,1 album.

ishu161

Reaction score
I notice that Nirvanah are missing from the list of choices,is that because in order for them to be judged as an overrated band,they first have to be rated as a band.:)

That hurts man, really hurts :(

Death on Credit

Reaction score
U2
Pink Floyd (Post-Syd)
AC/DC
Kiss
David Bowie
Green Day
The Sex Pistols
Guns 'N Roses
Nine Inch Nails
The Grateful Dead

And, as always, Motley Crue, who would be over-rated even if they only had one fan.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online