Most overrated rock artists of all time?

overrated band?

• Pink Floyd

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Blink 182

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • Rolling Stones

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Rush

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Tool

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Led Zeppelin

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • U2

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • The Beatles

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Oasis

Votes: 6 11.3%

• Total voters

starman

Let The Children Lose It
Reaction score
^^I more or less group Elvis Costello with Joe Jackson. New Wave pop crafters. Had a few decent tunes but more or less a weak over all output IMO. I will say that both had killer bass players early on.

bobbyg29

Professor of Rock n Roll
Reaction score
^^Elvis Costello is a genius, IMHO

Here are a few artists that most people love but I just can't get into.

U2
REM
ELO
Radiohead
Billy Joel
Dave Matthews Band
The Beach Boys

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
^^Elvis Costello is a genius, IMHO
I'm not saying you are wrong, but from anything I've ever heard from Costello, nothing has impressed me. Maybe I've just not heard the right tracks shrug.gif I'd be open to suggestions though if you have any.

Here are a few artists that most people love but I just can't get into.

U2
REM
ELO
Radiohead
Billy Joel
Dave Matthews Band
The Beach Boys
I do agree with every one of these except for Billy Joel. I like most of his stuff from the 70's and 80s, although not much since.

bobbyg29

Professor of Rock n Roll
Reaction score
I'm not saying you are wrong, but from anything I've ever heard from Costello, nothing has impressed me. Maybe I've just not heard the right tracks shrug.gif I'd be open to suggestions though if you have any.

I do agree with every one of these except for Billy Joel. I like most of his stuff from the 70's and 80s, although not much since.

I totally understand why a lot of people don't like Elvis Costello...he is kind of strange. :cheers:
FWIW, Here are a few of my favorite tracks:

I used to like Billy Joel's older stuff too but I kind of got burned out on it from to much radio play....if I hear Piano Man one more time :bonk: But I do think he is very talented and he would definitely be the one I like the most from the artists I listed.

Reaction score

Costello is very versatile, especially with his later stuff(which was very hard to find online), I don't like listening to some of it, but it takes some serious talent to write and play it.... even his early stuff, it was something new, and I love most of his lyrics which is rare for me to even care about lyrics

The intro is pretty funny too

one more....:heheh:

my opinion at least:tongue:

EDIT: I was still doing my post after you Bobby :lmao:
I like the way you think

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Blame It On Cain is actually a pretty decent song. I really like the music in it. Maybe it's his voice that bothers me more than anything. It's not a bad voice, just not a singing style I care much for. But like I said, the music in that tune is really cool.

Reaction score
Blame It On Cain is actually a pretty decent song. I really like the music in it. Maybe it's his voice that bothers me more than anything. It's not a bad voice, just not a singing style I care much for. But like I said, the music in that tune is really cool.

Yeah, I can understand that, there are some songs of his I can't get into his voice on either...

and as for overrated, could someone enlighten me on the supposed amazingness of the Smiths?... they're not as classic as some of the others in here, but I can not figure out the hype behind them:wtf::D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online

No members online now.