Mickey Avalon and Friends!!!!!!!!

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
DyslexicSpeedreaders.jpg

Mickey Avalon and his cohorts, collectively known as The Dyslexic Speedreaders create Hip-Hop that is old school sounding and is satirical of all tthe excesses of hip-hop in general. It's raunchy and boastful but in a way that doesn't take itself as seriously as the bling bling rappers that try to make that attitude seem legit. It's more Glam rap with a rock attitude and is unique in that sense!

Mickey Avalon
Mickey+Avalon+Mickey+Av.jpg

Mickey is the ringleader of these guys and he's like the anti-rap star. He's a white Jewish guy who you'd think more resembles a white trash Iggy Pop than anything in the Hip-Hop world. He's no Eminem rip off though as he goes back to the Run DMC sound where rappers wanted to rock, have the bass booming from their boomboxes and rocking their Adidas. The difference is Mickey's lyrics are more raunchy and brutally honest as he recalls stories of drugs, pimping himself out on the streets and his ****ed up childhood raised by addicts. Still, the music itself is meant to party out to and makes you forget how serious the material can be.

Jam out to these off of Mickey's sole solo album and try not to take it seriously because it's not supposed to be:

MickeyAvalonAlbum.jpg
Mr. Right
(My favorite from just Mickey himself!)

My D*ck ft/ The Dyslexic Speedreaders
(Just raunchy and ridiculous! I picked the Tom Green performance since it shows how much fun they are having performing!)

Waiting To Die
(One of the grittier tracks)

Jane Fonda
(Mickeys main single! Catchy song!)

Stay tuned for more Hip Hop fans! :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: Mickey Avalon!

Dirt Nasty
dirt3.jpg

Dirt Nasty is a D list celebrity that some might know as being former MTV VJ Simon Rex and having cameos in movies such as the Scary Movie series. Dirt is perhaps the most comical of the group and plays his role the best! Here's his debut and a video and song that still cracks me up!

61TEBqFDCgL._SL500_.jpg

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
My friend got me into his music a few years ago! We'd cruise around town jamming to Mickey and laughing our butts off. I remember hearing My D*ck (isn't it the hidden track?) and my jaw dropping due to the hilarity of him in general. Jane Fonda is my favorite! Such a catchy tune. These are the other ones I really liked/stood out from his self-titled album.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Been a long long time since ive listened to Mickey Avalon. Though...I never got into it to start with. Jane Fonda I agree was a catchy tune, but it wasn't really in my range of music taste at the time. I'll look into getting some of his stuff to give it a second chance.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
:)

What a pleasant surprise to see you hear Jen! :grinthumb Yes, My Dick is the hidden track and one of my favorite novelty songs ever. I had the thing memorized and could do the rap word for word at one point. Pure idiotic raunchy brilliance! :grinthumb I would put Mickey inmy top ten rap artist easily even with just that one album!

Did you listen to the Dirt Nasty track? It's pretty hilarious in it's own right! :D

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
:)

What a pleasant surprise to see you hear Jen! :grinthumb Yes, My Dick is the hidden track and one of my favorite novelty songs ever. I had the thing memorized and could do the rap word for word at one point. Pure idiotic raunchy brilliance! :grinthumb I would put Mickey inmy top ten rap artist easily even with just that one album!

Did you listen to the Dirt Nasty track? It's pretty hilarious in it's own right! :D

I haven't checked out his newer stuff. If it's like his self titled, I'm sure I'll like it. I've gravitated back toward the rock stuff more in recent years as I've gotten older, so this thread was a super cool trip down memory lane and simpler times for me! :grinthumb

Did you mention Mr. Right earlier? That's the first of his tunes I heard, and my friend used to bust a gut whenever the part where he went "Rrrrrrrradio!" came on. :heheh:

You can't really tune into this guy expecting him to be serious, or you'll be disappointed. He reminds me of Eminem in his "My Name Is" days. Just a good time is all his music is, and I think that's how he wants it! :)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well said! :tw:

Yes, I love Mr. Right! It's my favorite and the one I would sing/rap along to as much as "My Dick!" Just using that song in a sentence makes me :heheh:!

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well said! :tw:

Yes, I love Mr. Right! It's my favorite and the one I would sing/rap along to as much as "My Dick!" Just using that song in a sentence makes me :heheh:!

The thought of a guy rapping about his genitals seemed so taboo to me in those days. :heheh:

Oh, how times have changed.

I'm going to have to check out his newer stuff. Soots, you really seem to bring up good musical memories and artists I had almost forgotten about. Thanks for this! :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
The thought of a guy rapping about his genitals seemed so taboo to me in those days. :heheh:

Oh, how times have changed.

I'm going to have to check out his newer stuff. Soots, you really seem to bring up good musical memories and artists I had almost forgotten about. Thanks for this! :grinthumb

Well thank you! If you look at the date of this thread you can see it was sitting on the shelf for ages. I went back and updated it when I added Andre Legacy's (part of Mickey's entourage) album to my album collection thread. I still didn't think it'd get bumped at all but I was in aMickey mood and added to it anyway. Thanks for giving my Hip-Hop side some loving love! :cheers2

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Well thank you! If you look at the date of this thread you can see it was sitting on the shelf for ages. I went back and updated it when I added Andre Legacy's (part of Mickey's entourage) album to my album collection thread. I still didn't think it'd get bumped at all but I was in aMickey mood and added to it anyway. Thanks for giving my Hip-Hop side some loving love! :cheers2

:grinthumb

You definitely have the most varied music taste on here, Soots. :heheh:

I like people like that though. I tend to be like that too but was too afraid to show it on here but can now that I know someone else is as musically bipolar as I am. I have officially come out of the shadows. :D

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online