Metallica set to release album with Lou Reed

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I remember that Cosmic, it was on Bing Crosby's Christmas Special, and I thought it came off pretty well.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
I agree and hopefully THIS chance they are taking may turn out to be a good one considering their previous risks were terrible.

In your opinion :)

I don't know what I think to this strange collaboration - never been a fan of Lou Reed but it'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
In your opinion :)

I don't know what I think to this strange collaboration - never been a fan of Lou Reed but it'll be interesting to see how it turns out.
Of course in my opinion and by risk I meant St Anger which was a risk, they played with the sound, tried to sound nu metal and it was a pile of shit.
Black Album was good, Load and Reload also had some great songs. Its St Anger I consider the big risk of their discography lol

Last edited:

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Of course in my opinion and by risk I meant St Anger which was a risk, they played with the sound, tried to sound nu metal and it was a pile of shit.
Black Album was good, Load and Reload also had some great songs. Its St Anger I consider the big risk of their discography lol

Oops sorry Riff, just read your piece in the rant thread and see this is something that winds you up to the hilt :peek I did say it tongue in cheek though :)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oops sorry Riff, just read your piece in the rant thread and see this is something that winds you up to the hilt :peek I did say it tongue in cheek though :)
Lol it wasn't your comment that did that, it was people on another forum that did it.

ANF

Reaction score
I'm not really a fan of either (I liked some old Metallica stuff but they really lost me with the Napster deal, Lars showed his true colors with that) but it sounds abstract enough that I think it could either be a huge disaster or it could turn out to be a brilliant piece of art that gives a boost to both careers. Just look at Robert Plant/Alison Krauss and Elton John/Leon Russell, both of those albums looked like potential failures and they turned out to be Plant's biggest album in 20 years and Elton's biggest in 15, and both albums were critical darlings.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online