Metallica (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Metallica

When I first played "Death Magnetic" I noticed they haven't given Trujillo much space either, his bass is not quite as muted as Jason's but still not up front enough. They should have realized that a talented bass player deserves to be heard, and Helps the entire sound of the band. I swear some of their recordings sound like they were done in a garage with a small cassette deck instead of a proper studio.

I still like Metallica a lot, I just wish they cared more about the finished product than their own "Bandwith" on each song.

I have never seen them live, so if any fans that have can let me know if you Can hear the bass guitar please sound off.:grinthumb

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

I like a few songs off of Load. Ain't My Bitch, Until it Sleeps, great songs.
I like the vast majority of Load. While it the sound and songwriting style had changed quite a bit from the Black Album, it's still very very good IMHO. When it first came out, I know a TON of people said they "sold out" or that it was no longer Metallica. At first, I wasn't overly impressed but after a couple of listens, I got to like it and never turned back.

My faves off of that album are: Ain't My Bitch, 2x4, King Nothing, Cure, Hero of the Day, and Mama Said.

But I think the coolest track on that album is Bleeding Me. What a great, pounding track. Especially the bridge, I just HAVE to crank it up when it gets to that part (starting just after the 4:30 mark)

Mama Said is another tune I really dig. I know they got a lot of flack for that one, including people saying that it's a country song. I like the lyrics, I like the music, hell, everything about it is cool, especially coming from a band like Metallica. It shows again they aren't (weren't) a one or two trick pony

Last edited:

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score

But I think the coolest track on that album is Bleeding Me. What a great, pounding track. Especially the bridge, I just HAVE to crank it up when it gets to that part (starting just after the 4:30 mark)

What a track! Sounds very Metallica to me. I love it!! :tm:

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

Bleeding Me is my favourite Metallica track and I love Mama Said - a country song???! - pah, no way! The Outlaw Torn is probably my second fav track, so I for one love Load :grinthumb

Vic2010

Reaction score

When I first played "Death Magnetic" I noticed they haven't given Trujillo much space either, his bass is not quite as muted as Jason's but still not up front enough.

I noticed that too. The bass is kind of blurred with the guitars (no definition). I still think it sounds pretty good (the album). I know some fans don't like what Rick Rubin does with his "dry" production style but I dig it. Rick also produced one of my favorite AC/DC albums - "BallBreaker."

Vic2010

Reaction score

My kid gave me a gift card for Father's Day last week. With it I purchased:

Kill 'Em All

and ...

Ride The Lightning

:bonk::bonk:

Vic2010

Reaction score

:bonk::bonk:

bonk bonk on the head!!

:heheh:

Kill 'Em All's got a rawness I've never heard in Metallica before. James H. almost sounds like a completely different person. Amazing how his voice improved over the succeeding years. Haven't heard all of RTL but workin' on it. Will post more thoughts later.

:metal::metal:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online