Metallica (Official Thread)

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
Re: Metallica

Not getting that at all

Am I the only Metallica fan that loves Black album onwards (well, except for St Anger which was a big disappointment to me)??? I first got into the band in '88 - first album I heard by them was And Justice For All, and I quickly had to have their previous offerings so impressed was I! But my favourites are Black album onwards. Maybe I'm weird, I dunno :confused:. Hum, don't answer that!

No you are not. I got into Metallica through the Black album and I love their latest release too (which I bought).

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score

I like a few songs off of Load. Ain't My Bitch, Until it Sleeps, great songs. But for the most part, Metallica as a hard rock band is not my thing. Strange though it may seem, what I like about hard rock and what I like about metal are completely unrelated... I like hard rock when it's raw and simplistic like Nirvana, Crazy Horse, GG. Metallica couldn't play a song like that. They're too technical. 'Course, that's exactly what makes them such a great metal band! But when they decided to play hard rock, to me that was none of the raw power of rock and none of the brute force & technical ecstacy of metal... so a lose/lose. Neither here no there.

Black album, though. That album is bloody fantastic! Some kvlt guys like to consider it a rock album, but sounds like 90s groove metal to me. Chalk full of fantastic songs and I'd also easily rate it as Metallica's all-time best lyrical album. On all accounts, I'd rate Black among Metallica's top work... probably second or third best.

Vic2010

Reaction score

I got into Metallica about a year ago, or so. On A whim I bought "Re-Load." I know I'm not supposed to like it but I think it's great. Love it. From there I got "Deat Magnetic","Master Of Puppets." and my favorite "And Justice For All." I know it's flawed (bad mix, no bass) but man I love this album. The guitars are so obnoxious and badass. I love it. I love this band too!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

That grinds my gears Vic, the damn production values should be better. One thing I have noticed is Metallica doesn't really care about the bass guitar that much, it's all about James and Kirk's guitar, and a good producer/engineer can easily accommodate both with a great drum kit as well.

Master of Puppets is my pick.:D

Vic2010

Reaction score

That grinds my gears Vic, the damn production values should be better. One thing I have noticed is Metallica doesn't really care about the bass guitar that much, it's all about James and Kirk's guitar, and a good producer/engineer can easily accommodate both with a great drum kit as well.

Master of Puppets is my pick.:D

Tell ya what, MOP is a better sounding album of course, but AJFA is an absolute, epic, metal masterpiece. What I did was I ran it through some music editing software and beefed it up a bit and burned a CDr. The bass still isn't very strong but whatever bottom end there is in those two guitars got fattened up a bit. It rocks, and I've been playing it regularly at least once a week. It's got me by the throat actually. :dude:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I have a few adjustments I can make myself Vic, but really there is no excuse for shoddy production values. They purposely pulled Newstead's bass Way Way back when he was in the band, for what reason other than ego I can't understand.

Still early Metallica is the best, I will always feel that way.

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score

I have a few adjustments I can make myself Vic, but really there is no excuse for shoddy production values. They purposely pulled Newstead's bass Way Way back when he was in the band, for what reason other than ego I can't understand.

Jason was my favorite bassist. I loved watching him play in the S&M DVD. He was so into it.

Recently, a newspaper report stated, "Once estranged bassist Jason Newstead performed with his old band Metallica over the weekend at the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Awards. Meaning this time, you can hear the bass." Oh yes...

Metallica is my favorite metal band of all time.

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score

It was not only ego but Lars and James had trouble in accepting a replacement for Cliff and harassed Jason, according to Jason. I can't understand that either, what choice did they have? Someone had to replace Cliff or shut down the band. I will never forgive them for that.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

^^^ And didn't they insist on calling him, Jason Newkidontheblock for ages which he hated.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online