Metallica (Official Thread)

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
I don't think it's them so much but radio stations and the like that keep playing the same old stuff over and over, which in more cases than not is Enter Sandman. When that track first came out I loved it, now after years of overkill I can take it or leave it. I guess it's cos the general populous would name Sandman as their favourite Metallica track, whilst us fans know they have much better songs - imo anyway.

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
yeah, I wish Metallica weren't so popular. The 80's Metallica is still one of my favorite eras of ANY band, but these days I'm so sick of them, especially James and Lars. Yay, another Metallica movie.....

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nothing Else Matters is far more overplayed than Enter Sandman in my opinion.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Probably because that song is mainstream radio friendly and is liked by a lot of people that normally wouldn't listen to hard rock or metal. It does come a close second to Enter Sandman, but over here the latter is definitely the most over played & ubiquitous Metallica track. I've seen countless local bands over the years cover Sandman but never seen one yet do Nothing Else Matters, and Sandman is played way more on the radio.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
With all the talk Lars does about making money and business as opposed to doing things they seem to want to do creatively I am starting to see credibility in the argument that he is a complete sellout. I don't think the rest are but Lars yes not to mention how little effort he puts into drumming live. A recent video I saw of them performing Call of Ktulu shows how bad his drumming has gotten. It was embarrassing the ridiculous fills he used that were way out of tune to the quality of the song. Rest of the band I credit for being able to perform with him ****ing up the rhythm section as much as he does. Lars admitted he doesn't put in the effort as much before a show.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
He needs to step it up just a little bit :pullhair:
He does big time. Studio songs he does fine but when he gets on stage his fills are out of tune and totally ruins the balance of the song.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
It looks like more of a struggle these days too....LOL!

The off time hits....the up beat BAM BAM BAMS....

:heheh:

AdmiralTyler

Master Of Puppets
Reaction score
So I don't know if this has been discussed this yet but Metallica's playing Antarctica. This should be really interesting. Here's an article from their site discussing what it will be like:

After over 30 years as a band, we have been unbelievably fortunate to visit just about every corner of the earth . . . except for one. That is all about to change as we are set travel to Antarctica, the only continent that Metallica has never played on until now!! We are partnering with Coca-Cola Zero for one of the most unique and special concert events in our career as we'll be performing near the heliport of the Argentine Antarctic Base Carlini on Sunday, December 8, 2013.

We'll be playing inside a dome on the base and in another twist, the show will be transmitted to the audience via headphones with no amplification . . . a real first for us! The show will also be streamed live for our friends in those Latin American countries who cannot join us at the base and filmed to share with everyone at a later date.

Pack up those warm clothes and we'll see you at the bottom of the planet!

I left out the info about the contest because I'm thinking it might be considered spam.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Heh whats next they go underground and perform?underground pun intended
lol

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members