1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iron Maiden "The Final Frontier" headed for #1 in UK and US?

Discussion in '2010's Music' started by That 70s Guy, Aug 17, 2010.

1. joe

joe Senior Member

I just wanted to add that I hardly hear Steve Harris' galloping bass lines. A few trebly twangs is about it. Where's the drums?

2. DaKillerWolf

DaKillerWolf Cosmic Time Warp Warrior

I'm not going to argue about it but you must be listening to a different album than I am. Do you have an actual retail CD in a decent stereo system when listening to it or are you listening to MP3 files on a less then desirable source ? Not asking to be a smart ass but because I have found many pieces of music can sound a bit flat on MP3 when compared to the actual retail CD.

I just listened to it again tonight on my mid size system in my bedroom ( not even my good one ) and I have to disagree. But whatever I'm not going to debate it.

I love this album.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  3. LG

LG Fade To Black

^^I agree with you DKW, the only way to tell whether the production was quality or not is with the best source on a good stereo, i-pods etc., convenient no doubt, hi-fidelity?...not in my book.

I have only listened to the new album once, and that is not enough to get a true feel for it, but I like what I am hearing so far.

4. joe

joe Senior Member

^^^I have to be honest with you guys, I did listen to it on a digital file and it was probably a small capacity file. At the time I didn't even take that into consideration, I just slipped my mind, as I'm well aware of sound reproduction on these files. So I would have to agree with both of you. Next time I will have to remember to take that into account when listening to music in the future on these digital files. From what I heard of the album, don't get me wrong, I didn't think it was bad, though I will not go and purchase it on a CD.