Iron Maiden "The Final Frontier" headed for #1 in UK and US?

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: Iron Maiden headed for #1 in UK and US?

3? Nice!! It took me a couple listens where as the last three I loved from the first listen. But it's growing on me and I'm getting to know it. They did do a few un conventional things this time around...but in the end it's all good.

I'm lovin' it!!

Funny I was gonna bring up the three guitar deal...as much as I loved it and thought it was fun...I was wondering if it would be a good idea to open the stage up and let Adrian and Dave spread out a bit more again.

Adrian does a truckload of writing these days and I think he's getting up staged a bit. I love Gers....don't get me wrong and he's a good writer as well...but I'm starting to get the feeling that he's primarily there for the show.

Yes? No?

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Re: Iron Maiden headed for #1 in UK and US?

blabbermouth.com

RON MAIDEN's new album, "The Final Frontier", has registered the following first-week chart positions so far:

Finland: #1
United Kingdom: #1
Sweden: #1
Australia: #2
Ireland: #3
Belgium: #6

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
blabbermouth:

IRON MAIDEN's 'The Final Frontier' Tops Charts In 21 Countries - Aug. 26, 2010
EMI Records is proud of its 30-year, career-long involvement with IRON MAIDEN and the astonishing first-week global chart success of the band's fifteenth studio album, "The Final Frontier", which was released on EMI Records worldwide on August 16. (excluding USA, released by UMe on August 17)

IRON MAIDEN have more than earned their status as one of the foremost contemporary and influential rock bands in the world as they debut at No. 1 in the U.K. (their fourth No. 1 album there, the first being 1982's seminal "The Number of the Beast" album) and 20 other countries to date with "The Final Frontier".

In addition to the phenomenal number of No. 1 debuts in all parts of the world, MAIDEN are currently No. 2 in Australia, Belgium and Holland, No. 3 in Ireland Poland and Turkey, No. 4 in USA and No. 5 in Singapore. The debut at No. 4 on the Billboard chart in the USA is the band's highest-ever chart position.

Having recorded the new album at Compass Point Studios in the Bahamas earlier this year, in an historic first for the band, they released "El Dorado", a track from "The Final Frontier", as a free download on the eve of the opening date of their North American tour to huge excitement from their massive fanbase. Following this a cutting-edge video was released for the opening track, "The Final Frontier", produced by the award-winning production company Darkside Animation Films ("Lost in Space", "Gladiator" and "Black Hawk Down") and two innovative computer games were created as companion releases to the album.

Thirty years after their eponymous debut album in April 1980 and with more than 80 million albums sold, IRON MAIDEN are more creatively vibrant, dynamic and relevant than ever, reaching a new pinnacle in their career and still adding legions of new young fans to their ever-increasing following.

They recently completed one of the most successful North American tours of the summer, playing to over 350,000 fans there across 25 concerts, and followed that success across Europe, where they headlined a series of major festivals, including the huge Sonisphere events in the U.K., Sweden and Finland, alongside their own shows, playing to hundreds of thousands more fans. They will hit the road again in 2011 with further extensive touring, headline dates on the Soundwave series of major festivals in Australia already being on sale for February and further shows to be announced over the coming months. MAIDEN are on blistering form and ready to take their music into 2011 and beyond.

All chart positions confirmed to date are as follows:

No. 1 - Arabia, Austria, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Finland, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, U.K.
No. 2 - Australia, Belgium, Holland
No. 3 - Ireland, Poland, Turkey
No. 4 - USA
No. 5 - Singapore

IRON MAIDEN manager Rod Smallwood comments: "On behalf of Bruce, Dave, Adrian, Janick, Steve and Nicko, l would like to thank YOU our MAIDEN Clan for all for your phenomenal support — without which these chart entries just wouldn't have happened. You are the BEST."

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I have the new album and like what I have heard so far, I did find it a different album from the first track and then after the single, The Final Frontier it get's better, no doubt I will love it in a week or so.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
The first song is kind of a heavy psych intro piece. Something that they have never done before, I guess they wanted to put a bit of a spacey stamp on it due to the albums theme . I like that intro but yeah it goes more into more of a modern era proggy Maiden mode after the opener .

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
blabbermouth.com

According to Billboard.biz, IRON MAIDEN's "The Final Frontier" (EMI) has topped Billboard's European Albums chart for the second week in a row, outpacing its studio predecessor "A Matter of Life and Death", which had one week at the pan-European summit in 2006. "Frontier" now debuts at No. 1 in Italy and retains its crown in France, Spain, Sweden, Norway and the Czech Republic, but drops from the top spot in the United Kingdom, Denmark, Switzerland, Austria, Portugal and Germany.

"The Final Frontier" sold 63,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to enter The Billboard 200 chart at position No. 4.

IRON MAIDEN's previous album, 2006's "A Matter Of Life And Death", opened with 56,000 units to land at No. 9. This was a notable increase from the 40,000 first-week tally registered by its predecessor, 2003's "Dance of Death" (which debuted at No. 18 on The Billboard 200 chart), and that of "Brave New World", which moved 38,000 copies in June 2000 to land at No. 39 on The Billboard 200 chart.

"The Final Frontier" was IRON MAIDEN's fourth U.K. No. 1 album. The band previously topped the chart in 1982 with "The Number of the Beast", in 1988 with "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son" and in 1992 with "Fear of the Dark".
"The Final Frontier" was released in North America on August 17 via Universal Music Enterprises (UMe). The effort was made available in a unique limited-edition collectors' "Mission Edition" CD case and features access to extra bonus content, including the director's cut of a video for the edited version of the opening song on the album, entitled "Satellite 15... The Final Frontier"; band "Mission Debrief" interview footage; wallpapers; photos; and the exclusive game "Mission II : Rescue & Revenge". MAIDEN is also for the first time making the album available as an iTunes LP with bonus content as well as the traditional digital format. There is also a limited-edition double picture disc.

The band reunited with long-time MAIDEN producer Kevin "Caveman" Shirley in early 2010 at Compass Point Studios, Nassau to record the album and then moved to The Cave Studios in Malibu, California to finish the recording and do the mixing. Compass Point Studio is very familiar to the band, it was where they recorded the "Piece Of Mind" (1983), "Powerslave" (1984) and "Somewhere In Time" (1986) albums.

mystic fred

Reaction score
Some divided opinion about this album from Maiden fans - reminds me of the "Nostradamus" debacle a year or two ago, damn fine album that was, and i just might add "The Final Frontier" to my library if the music, yes music, is as good as the promos/samples suggest - top hole chaps! :grinthumb

joe

Reaction score
Eddie, what the hell's going on? This is 2010. The production and engineering on this album is "dumbied down" for a lack of a better word. The albums twenty years ago are better produced than this disappointment. I heard the same monochromatic sound on Slayer's last release, World Painted Blood also. I can't believe with today's technology and recording equipment that the sound has no "depth". The only highlight I can hear on the album is the first track and sounds to me to be influenced by DT Black Clouds and Silver Linings. If Maiden had followed this conceptual theme and musical direction I believe we would of had a very refreshing release.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Members online