Heart (Official Thread)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I guess it will be on HBO at some point...........and I am sure someone will bust their nuts to post it on youtube :D

I would like to see it on something other than a pay channel, though.

Mistral Wind

Reaction score
Well, like I've written in my introduction thread, I'm a huge fan of this band.
I prefer the music they've done from the start till Bebe la Strange.
Then, I've appreciated some songs in the other albums, but not a whole album.
It was years I didn't listen to them, but recently I've rediscovered their music... and I'd say that I'm loving them now more than before.
Unfortunately here in my country (Italy) they are quite unknown... but I try to do all that I can to spread their music.

I've written that after Bebe la Strange there weren't albums that I entirely liked.
Yes, this has been true till the release of Fanatic. I really like this album. I think it's fresh and inventive, like if it was made by two youngsters instead of two great ladies in their sixties. I love its lyrics, its guitars and drums. A good job indeed. And Ann's voice sounds great!
Her performance in Mashallah, Dear Old America and Skin & Bones is outstanding.

I only hope that they'll come back in Europe for a tour... (Italy included)
(and I hope that they'll make as soon as possible another album after Fanatic)

Mashallah

Beautiful Broken

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^My favorite Heart album will always be Dreamboat Annie, but it was nice to see them make a come-back with Fanatic.:)

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
Ann Wilson always sounds good.

And Nancy can hang with the best of them. She's a gunslinger in her own right.

Marbles

Reaction score
I'm another old fart that prefers the early quintet of albums!

I first saw them in '82, supporting Queen on their UK tour. The last time was '88, on the "Bad Animals" tour - when I thought that they were dreadful.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Heart’s Christmas Concert Coming to Your TV

Ann-and-Nancy-Wilson1.jpg

If all you want for Christmas is two Wilson sisters singing with a bunch of famous friends, you’re going to love what Heart has in store for you on Dec. 25.

Ann and Nancy Wilson will lead the band back to its Seattle hometown for ‘Heart & Friends: Home for the Holidays,’ a Christmas Day special promising a “once-in-a-lifetime” event that will feature “an array of holiday songs written by Joni Mitchell, Harry Nilsson, Bob Dylan and Sammy Hagar … as well as some of Heart’s favorite songs.” Enthused Ann Wilson in a press release, “We are thrilled and delighted to be joined by our band and our friends onstage to ring in the holiday season for our fans everywhere.”

Those “friends” include Hagar, Shawn Colvin, Richard Marx and Pat Monahan from Train, all of whom are scheduled to join Heart onstage at the Benaroya Symphony Concert Hall. Marx will be on hand to reprise his vocal cameo in ‘All Through The Night,’ one of two new holiday recordings Heart recently released, and the whole show will be broadcast at 8 PM EST on AXS, the television network that recently aired specials dedicated to Cheap Trick and Kiss.

“We couldn’t have passed up this wonderful opportunity to celebrate the season with two of the most talented rock ‘n roll artists ever, Ann and Nancy Wilson of Heart,” explained AXS TV Founder Mark Cuban. “Having Shawn Colvin, Sammy Hagar, Richard Marx and Pat Monahan join them for this holiday special makes it the perfect gift for our audience to enjoy on Christmas night.”

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
God, I would SO love to have been sitting in the audience during this cover of Love Reign O'er Me

Great job by the whole band, as always, but ... I don't know how to properly put it to words... after all of these years, Ann's voice STILL gives me goosebumps when I hear her sing emotional songs like this.

:bow:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Another outstanding cover ... doing Stairway To Heaven last year in December with Jimmy, John and Robert in the audience, and special treat with Jason Bonham on drums.

A bit jazzed up in the middle, but still true enough to the original. A nice injection of the Wilson gals into this classic rock track. Full on choir towards the end on the ending vers following the solo. Both Jimmy and Jonesy appear to really be enjoying it. Wanted to say something about Plant looking stoic, but check out his face just after the 5-minute mark. You can see the tears in his eyes.

VERY emotional rendition both from the band and the audience. I gotta say it even got me a little torn up.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentonBeo

Members online