Heart (Official Thread)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: The Official HEART Thread!

it is amazing how their sound hasn't really changed in all those years....

timeless indeed :bow:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

They will always sound and seem young to me. :grinthumb

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Ann & Nancy side project "Lovemongers" who first released a 4 song EP then a full album:

60104182.jpg

This album is mostly acoustic with some other instruments that you would not hear from Heart....but still sounds like Heart (of course how could they sound like anyone else but Ann & Nancy).

No School Today, about the girls first acid triip

More from Whirlygig

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score

Huge Heart fan. Like most posters I enjoy the earlier version of the band more than "Heart-Lite" from the mid 80's, but I have to admit that the self titled '85 album was done very well even though I am not much into power pop rock. Dreamboat Annie, Magazine, Little Queen, and Dog & Butterfly are all outstanding albums and receive regular play, and I also enjoy certain selections from Bebe Le Strange, Private Audition, and Passionworks. With how big hard rock was in the early 80's I have always pondered how much better Hearts career would have been if they had released a few more "Barracudas" and a bit less "This Man is Mine". Oh well, they are still performing and I am still listening so it's all good.

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score

I'm a really big fan of 70's Heart, I dig the early 80's stuff, and I like everything else theyve done since but I dont own anything after "Bad Animals".

I grew up listening to "Dreamboat Annie", "Little Queen" and "Dog & Butterfly" when I was a kid in the 70's so I will always treasure that era.

opera races

Reaction score
Heart that I have on vinyl:

Dreamboat Annie (bought when released)
Little Queen (bought when released)
Magazine (thrift shop special)
Dog & Butterfly (bought when released)
Bebe le Strange (thrift shop special)
Heart s/t (1985) (thrift shop special)

I also have Dreamboat Annie on cassette and CD, Little Queen on CD and a Greatest Hits collection on CD. I thought I had some other newer material on cassette/CD but I guess I must have sold it off at some point? To this day when I'm at home and want to listen to Dreamboat Annie (or have a friend/house guest who does) I still play the vinyl version. There's nothing better! :D

Basically I agree with TheWhalerfan. I much prefer Heart's older and more rocking material than when they got into lame power ballad territory in the 80's like certain other 70's bands *cough*Foreigner*cough*REO*cough*. The exception being Dreamboat Annie where I enjoy all the songs whether rocking or a bit more on the mellow side.

Also interesting (to me) to note is how well Heart performs Led Zeppelin tunes :)

Last edited by a moderator:

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I've tried to get into their LZ covers but so far haven't been able to. I don't know, maybe I just haven't seen or heard the best of them. I do know they are big admirers of the band though and Ive seen Nancy and Ann doing commentary on one or two docs about them and you can definitely hear the Zep influence in their work.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Heart + Carrie Underwood - Alone

Wow. I got goosebumps. Ann can still belt out the tunes and Carrie again proves what a vocal talent she is as well.

:bow:

Grunge

Grotesque Perversion
Reaction score
I think that Heart is getting better with time and that's a one of a kind thing. I wasn't aware they were still making albums until months ago. I immediately bought "Jupiters Darling" and "Red Velvet Car". Pleasantly surprised that they both exceeded my expectations. Their first two albums will forever be in my top 5 favorites of theirs though their self-titled may make it in that list too. Heart is also a top notch live act if any of you have ever had the pleasure like I did.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online