Peter Gabriel (Official Thread)

Jonny Come Lately

The New Kid In Town
Reaction score
I must admit I have never explored Peter Gabriel's work in any depth, but I certainly respect him as an artist.

One interesting bit of trivia about his 1986 hit Sledgehammer was that the famous music video featured animation by Aardman Animations, with the scene with the oven-ready chickens dancing to the song being animated by Nick Park, the creator of Wallace and Gromit, who had joined Aardman the previous year while still half way through the lengthy process of making their first adventure A Grand Day Out.

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
The video for "Sledgehammer" is without a doubt one of the ten most classic videos MTV ever aired.Most people seem to agree that the one for Michael Jackson's "Thriller" is the greatest.Actuallyit wasn't really a video,it was a short subject movie by definition,complete with closing credits.............

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Peter Gabriel S/T debut album turns 40 February 2017!

Car1-560x560.jpg

Solsbury Hill

rtbuck

Reaction score
Peter Gabriel S/T debut album turns 40 February 2017!

Car1-560x560.jpg

Great Album & you could not ask for a better band on that album. You have Fripp on guitars & Tony Levin on bass & you have Bob Ezrin's usuals... Josef Chirowski on keyboards, Alan Schwartzberg on drums & guitarists Steve Hunter & Dick Wagner guests on the album. Wagner has a great solo on Here Comes the Flood

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Great Album & you could not ask for a better band on that album. You have Fripp on guitars & Tony Levin on bass & you have Bob Ezrin's usuals... Josef Chirowski on keyboards, Alan Schwartzberg on drums & guitarists Steve Hunter & Dick Wagner guests on the album. Wagner has a great solo on Here Comes the Flood

Honestly, I didn't know that solo was Wagner. (Learn something every day)

And I agree, this is a great album.
:tup:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online