Grammy Rundown

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry but I don't see how Foo Fighters would win best hard rock/metal over the likes of Megadeth. They are way harder rock and metal. Nothing against the Foo Fighters, I just don't understand why they had to be one category. Public Enemy No 1 is way more hard rock/metal for mine. I really don't get why the two genres couldn't have a separate category. Would have been nice to see Megadeth get recognition for a killer track they just put out.

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
Good show !

Love Sir Paul..he looks very happy and sounded it. Thank you Nancy , he needed a GOOD woman ..she looked so cute hugging him etc..theres a chemistry there I NEVER saw with Heather Mills,EVER ..Good !

The ending gig was excellent

Nice to see legends like Glen Campbell and The Beach Boys honored ..
Bruce ? What can I say..thats why he's called 'The Boss'
Congrats to see Adele win..not a huge fan but she is very talented..nice see THAT rewarded instead of bs pop crap thats dominated music..maybe folks are tired of cheeky lyric, stupid costumes and ego parades ..

which leads me to :

the wtf moments : Nikki Manji ? Chris Brown ?
I am old I didn't GET any of that ? Whats up with neon mickey mouse thing ?

Coldplay ? Not up to par ?
Foo Fighters same...I love Dave but that wasn't their best imo

Jennifer Hudson..nice tribute..considering the quickness of it I'm sure..your a pro it was nice :)

I WATCHED it as I watched the Walking Dead, so I missed alot ..but watched the highlights..

Not bad considering I usually skip The Grammy's.. B-

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been answered already but that Mickey Mouse thing with the lights was Deadmau5. ROFL

MP Edit: Video removed from youtube

I'm not a fan... he literally started making dance music as a satire. -.- Skrillex beats the crap out of him.

When it comes to Foo Fighters I'm just glad the band cut off Dave's inane ramblings. He deserved that.

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
Thanks I HAVE heard of Deadmaus5 I just never heard of any of their music ..lol

lol Dave is a old hippie ..he tends to ramble..

Did anyone catch those absurd remarks Glen Campbell on the VERY tail end of his showcase ? He was mumbling something about himself getting off the stage or something ? It made me giggle a bit..no disrespect towards his illness..but it was like waaaaa? Lol ..live tv ..gotta love it !

Fever

Reaction score
The Civil Wars did play for about a minute before they introduced Taylor Swift.And Taylor always dresses that way when she plays the song Mean.

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
I saw McCartney and the salutes to Glen Campbell and the Beach Boys. Then I channel surfed for awhile. When I came back to the show there was a woman running around the stage with blue hair. I realized then that I'd seen everything that I needed to see. Missed Bruce, but I caught a replay this morning. He was great, too. I saw about a half hour's worth of a show that was three and a half hours long. I can only imagine what I missed.:rolleyes:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I heard that the Beach Boys performance was 'meh' at best. Interesting to see them on stage, but also read and heard (on the radio) that is was almost painful to watch / listen to them.

*shrug*

Anyone care to comment on that?

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
I thought they sounded pretty good. Out of the five "official" Beach Boys onstage, only two (Brian Wilson and David Marks) were playing instruments. The other three (Mike Love, Al Jardine and Bruce Johnston) were just singing. They're using the band that Brian has been using for his solo stuff. Of course, with the absence of Carl and Dennis, there's something missing, but it's a big, full band and I thought they were just fine. And let's face it, you can't beat the tunes. Katy Perry and Lady Gaga should have songs as good as "Wouldn't It Be Nice" and "Good Vibrations".

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nowiknowitsJAG

Members online