Grammy Rundown

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Agreed Lynch Don was the man. I didn't watch the show either really. You would think they would have given Don some real time there. That show lasted longer than Bandstand.

The Paul performance is still great though. I rushed to the net right away to find clips of that! :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I didn't see 1 second of the show, so I'm just going off what I've heard on the radio and a bit that I've read online. It also seems pretty F'd up that they spent so much time kissing Chris Brown's ass and yet dedicated very little time to Don Cornealius.

That's just wrong on so many levels. I understand Don didn't add to the music industry directly, but his influence in bringing a couple of genres to everyone's living room for years is hard to truly weigh/gauge.

Just an honest question. I haven't caught the Grammy's and I'm no Chris Brown fan but what'd they do to kiss his ass. I know he's had some minor hits within the last year but was he actually up for a lot of awards or something? :)

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
awards and nominations and "live" performance(s), from what I've read, they just kept showing him or bringing him out for different segments.

And I find it no surprise, but considering the fact that this guy beat up his GF, another artist, the night before the grammys 3 yrs ago and smacked up her face so hard that she had to go to the hospital..... It's just odd how suddenly "forgiving" they are. Like I said in another post, I'm not sticking up for him at all when I question other people's comments (on other internet sites) saying he should be banned. I'm not sure banned is the way to go either unless they are going to ban all of the shit heals in the entertainment industry from every awards show (that includes nominations).

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
They did, but they also did that with a few other artists as well. Foo Fighters and Paul McCartney were onstage more than once too.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
They did, but they also did that with a few other artists as well. Foo Fighters and Paul McCartney were onstage more than once too.
I haven't heard anything about Dave or Paul beating up women though. That's where it just doesn't make sense. Why keep bringing this guy around and panning the cameras to him all night long and yet spent barely a moment on Don Cornealius (sp?)

:wtf:

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Ratings perhaps? I don't know. The more scandalous the better maybe. People will tune in to see him screw up or be booed.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
awards and nominations and "live" performance(s), from what I've read, they just kept showing him or bringing him out for different segments.

And I find it no surprise, but considering the fact that this guy beat up his GF, another artist, the night before the grammys 3 yrs ago and smacked up her face so hard that she had to go to the hospital..... It's just odd how suddenly "forgiving" they are. Like I said in another post, I'm not sticking up for him at all when I question other people's comments (on other internet sites) saying he should be banned. I'm not sure banned is the way to go either unless they are going to ban all of the shit heals in the entertainment industry from every awards show (that includes nominations).

Oh o.k.! I just hadn't heard loads about him recently. I don't like him and what he did at all. Never thought his music was anything special. You are right though, if you eliminated all douchebaggery from music based on artists personal life the biz would have 20% of the artist active throughout history! :heheh:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Even though I liked the McCartney performance VERY MUCH, he needs to start mixing it up. He's done the Golden Slumbers/ Carry That Weight medley so much over the years, it's as bad as doing Hey Jude again.

Since he did Valentine it would have been nice to do something a bit different.

He should surprise an audience sometime and do Take It Away or somethnig ya know??

Or maybe a Beatles movie medley...

Can' Buy Me Love/And I Love Her/The Night Before/Magical Mystery Tour/Fool On The Hill/All Together Now/I've Got A Feeling/Let It Be

That would be cool...a couple repeats in there...though I left out Get Back...again overly obvious.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
They didn't show the Beach Boys in the highlights?? That is wierd and wrong if you ask me. That was like one of the biggest events of the evenings that millions of people were excited about. :wtf:

No, not in the UK, no Beach Boys. I assume I can catch them on YouTube when I get a minute later. The highlights show was 90 minutes, minus commercial breaks, so probably nearer to 75 minutes. The Grammys aren't a huge thing in the UK, we have The Brits, which is actually better in my view as there's more rock and it feels much more like an actual live gig with a pretty wild young audience of genuine fans, not just endless rows of celebrities in dinner jackets like at The Grammys. Paul McCartney was superb, thought 'Carry That Weight' was a nice surprise instead of yet another 'Let it Be' or 'Hey Jude'... though I thought the 6 guitar supergroup jam at the end was pretty boring, and clearly under-rehearsed, if at all!!! L L Cool J was also a good host I felt.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I've watched many clips of the Brits and yes...very cool!!

I also like alot of clips I've seen of the Echo Awards. :grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Staff online

Members online