Grammy Rundown

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
:heheh:

You know now that I think about it, that may have been Jesse on the drums at the show.

He's got a good track record...he did play for Little Richard.

playingthedrums.jpg

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Kimmy Gibbler = perfect groupie.

Kimmy-Gibbler.jpg

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
:oyea: Well not really, there is a small connection to Stamos and Beach Boys...but we can get it back on track now. :heheh:

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Finally caught up with the Grammys this morning, well actually a highlights thing that I recorded, which was good as I could use the fast forward button, though they cut a lot of stuff out (no Beach Boys, dammit). I thought it was mostly awful, but then I don't care for these pointless self-congratulatory music awards shows. Bruce and the E Streeters was of course just ACE - though with hindsight I'd have been happier if they'd let him play a whole 3 hour set - and so was Paul McCartney, so there's two guys at least who earned the right to be there over decades, but the rest I will have forgotten by about lunchtime. And I totally do not get Adele at all, I must be missing something here, from what I can tell people with better singing voices get kicked off the show in round one of Idol, her songs that I have heard at least are instantly forgettable, so I have no idea why anybody thinks she is so special, and all the hysteria about her just goes way over my head, sorry! The Whitney tributes were beautifully done, oh, and I forgot, Katie Perry was a lot of fun, really like her a lot, but I really don't even know what I was watching when somebody called Nicki Minaj came on stage, is she serious, or was that like some sort of Grammys inside joke? Anyway glad some of you guys thought it was a blast and enjoyed it, which I guess is all that matters no matter what anybody else thinks about it. One of the Pearl Jam guys in a DVD I watched yesterday, the Pearl Jam Twenty documentary, in the film he found his Grammy award in a box down in his basement when he was clearing out a load of junk at his house, which I thought was actually hilarious, and far more indicative of how you should treat things like that. Anyway, hope you all had a Happy Grammy Day guys!!

Last edited:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
They didn't show the Beach Boys in the highlights?? That is wierd and wrong if you ask me. That was like one of the biggest events of the evenings that millions of people were excited about. :wtf:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I didn't see 1 second of the show, so I'm just going off what I've heard on the radio and a bit that I've read online. It also seems pretty F'd up that they spent so much time kissing Chris Brown's ass and yet dedicated very little time to Don Cornealius.

That's just wrong on so many levels. I understand Don didn't add to the music industry directly, but his influence in bringing a couple of genres to everyone's living room for years is hard to truly weigh/gauge.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online

No members online now.