rdpse

Reaction score
True that, man.

Imo beyoncé is a joke, always has been.

Aero

Reaction score
Sorry pop fans, but this was too good to NOT share. :****:

99% of today's music sucks.

For many years now, these record companies have been putting out a cheap, inferior product week after week and getting people to accept mediocrity. They don't want creativity because that includes risk. No, they want new music which sounds familiar to old music so the customer will purchase it since it's familiar to them.

Send the product off to one of Clear Channel's stations and broadcast it out to the sheeple. Rinse and repeat.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
:oyea:

I don't think I've ever really listened to a Beyonce song from start to finish and if that is an example of what she's lobbing out there my gawd what drivel.

On a separate note, last time she played here only 3,000 fans showed up, Maiden and Roger Waters both sold out the 18,000 seat coliseum in the same time period. At least here the true music fans outnumber the "sheeple" as Aero calls them.

And I agree with him about the "Manufactured Product", I don't think it's ever been this bad or on this scale before. No offense to fans of this kind of music intended.;)

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
I don't understand why people waste their time making these lame comparisons for the sake of bashing on modern popular music. There was plenty of shitty pop music in Queen's time, too, but we don't hear much about it, because it sucked, and we've all since forgotten about it. The vast majority of shitty media - books, movies, music, video games, etc. - has been lost to the annals of history, so it's no wonder that we look to the "classics" of the past with such rose-colored glasses.

I Do find it funny though that 10 people worked on such a shitty song.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^There has always been Pop music and label's pushing artists for purely commercial gain Mud that is not what irks me.

It has never been this bad in all the years I've been listening to music, it's no longer a product of "creative" genius or talent, it's about marketability first and foremost.

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
^^There has always been Pop music and label's pushing artists for purely commercial gain Mud that is not what irks me.

It has never been this bad in all the years I've been listening to music, it's no longer a product of "creative" genius or talent, it's about marketability first and foremost.

It's always been about marketability IMO.

Aero

Reaction score
It's always been about marketability IMO.

No...before it was about signing a singer or band with talent and then figuring out how to market them. The music used to come before the marketing.

Jake T

Running With The Pack
Reaction score
99% of today's music sucks.

For many years now, these record companies have been putting out a cheap, inferior product week after week and getting people to accept mediocrity. They don't want creativity because that includes risk. No, they want new music which sounds familiar to old music so the customer will purchase it since it's familiar to them.

Send the product off to one of Clear Channel's stations and broadcast it out to the sheeple. Rinse and repeat.

:tup: True, there was plenty of bad music in the past. But artists were allowed to experiment with new ideas. Some ideas were good, some were not. Today they just keep putting out the same old garbage and shoving it down people's (usually young people's) throats.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Staff online

Members online