Current pop rock vs classic rock

Khor1255

Reaction score
Well, it really doesn't have to end in an argument does it? Aero asked for examples of stuff you guys think is comparable to actual classic rock and I'm kind of curious to hear that as well. Hell, I could fing something good that is actually popular. That would be very cool indeed.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
No, it doesn't... but saying someone's head is in the sand because they have a different opinion than yours doesn't come off as too nice. At least it didn't to me. :heheh:

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
I can think of a few current rock bands that do 'classic' rock stuff but I'm too tired at the moment to list them.

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
Based on what I've read (being the band biographies I've read), plenty of bands in the late 60's/early 70's faced their fair share of criticism.

This is a very true statement. The reality of the music scene is that many bands get left in the dust over pure media speculation. Speculation equals equitable trading. Bands get sold out every day. It happened in the studios, the garages bands, the huge stages.

I am convinced that there is a lot of incredible music out there that most of us will never hear.

The internet has effectively "shrunk the world", but it can't replace the ambiance of a small club setting. You can "stream" it, but it ain't the "real thing".

Khor1255

Reaction score
No, it doesn't... but saying someone's head is in the sand because they have a different opinion than yours doesn't come off as too nice. At least it didn't to me. :heheh:
Well, I often say things like 'pay attention' etc to adress things I feel are self evident. It is perhaps crass but I think so long as I don't target someone specifically how could you be offended? But maybe that's me. We never thought too much of sensitivity training or watering down a discussion to keep thin skinned people from getting their feeling hurt where I come from. I mean, if a conversation is offensive you always have the option to discontinue participation.

Right?

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Well, I often say things like 'pay attention' etc to adress things I feel are self evident. It is perhaps crass but I think so long as I don't target someone specifically how could you be offended? But maybe that's me. We never thought too much of sensitivity training or watering down a discussion to keep thin skinned people from getting their feeling hurt where I come from. I mean, if a conversation is offensive you always have the option to discontinue participation.

Right?

It all comes down to how the members feel. If someone is offended, that is their right to feel that way. It is everyones job to be courteous on this forum, and understand that not everyone thinks and feels the same way here. If we did, it would be a pretty boring place.

Khor1255

Reaction score
That's cool. I find a lot of discussion squelched because of some percieved offense that the 'offended' party might not have even drew attention to. But if the aim is not to ruffle tail feathers at any cost then you are right on track. I've always fely that omelettes are much better when you break a few eggs.

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
I agree with you Khor as long as the opinion is not directly aimed at a paticular member. Open opinion can often be read wrong. I think that many of your opinions come off as valid. It's just that some forums are more "abrasive" than others, lol. It is the responsibility of the active user to figure out what the culture of the board is all about. Once again, it is just my opinion.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
That's cool. I find a lot of discussion squelched because of some percieved offense that the 'offended' party might not have even drew attention to. But if the aim is not to ruffle tail feathers at any cost then you are right on track. I've always fely that omelettes are much better when you break a few eggs.

You're right, but it was my post that was quoted and that is why I mentioned it. :)

Khor1255

Reaction score
I agree with you Khor as long as the opinion is not directly aimed at a paticular member. Open opinion can often be read wrong. I think that many of your opinions come off as valid. It's just that some forums are more "abrasive" than others, lol. It is the responsibility of the active user to figure out what the culture of the board is all about. Once again, it is just my opinion.
You are absolutely correct with that. You don't go into church with the same attitude you go to the pub with. It is not being a conformist to get along it is simply being a human with common sense. Sadly, my radar for such stuff is in serious need of refinement. I could blame it on the East Coast Megalopolus but in the end it's up to me.

Another forum I frequent has the exact opposite handling of controversy. Instead of censoring at all, they kind of actively feed the flames. In the end the members themselves usually weed out the real troublemakers but along the way some folks actually leave the forum because of something some other member said.

I actually stopped responding to someone one time on a forum because the guy was just a constant flame bait troll. When the argument has substance I can go the distance, if a difference of opinion means that someone is just going to attack everything you say without even trying to get the jist of it...not so much.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Members online