Cheesy 80s pop songs/vids you can't help but love?

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Now.. chill for a minute.. I'm talking about stuff where they do some singing beside rapping and songs that are not about booty calls and how much bling they wear.. There was some good rap songs that put to shame what rappers nowdays call music.. Hype the crowd with alot of Ya.. Ya.. Ya.. Bounce.. bounce.. throw your hands in the air and wave em around if you like hair bands!!:flirt

I mean first thing that came up to my mind was Public Enemy and I've seen couple of videos. Still rap is no matter what my most hated genre of all time. :bonk:

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Is that your new nickname for me? :flirt

I admit I don't know a whole lot about 80's rap. I know there was a disco influence in the music aspect though.

Sure.. I'll just call you J's Boo for short..:heheh: 80's rap had a total different sound compared to new stuff.. Funny thing is you know that rap is natorious for sampling other song bits.. and they even copy other rappers tunes and it turns out to be a bunch of old rap loops.. 80's rapper I don't think had the ability to loop or sample other songs .. Maybe they would use a synth with pre programmed effect like you hear in that Rappers delight song..

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Is that your new nickname for me? :flirt

I admit I don't know a whole lot about 80's rap. I know there was a disco influence in the music aspect though.
80's rap was real rap. And the message wasn't so freakin' negative, at least not until the late 80's where the negative shit really started to gain popularity, I think mostly from NWA.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I mean first thing that came up to my mind was Public Enemy and I've seen couple of videos. Still rap is no matter what my most hated genre of all time. :bonk:

I know what your saying Dr. No.. LOL .. in the OB.. There was alot more to rap than what was played on MTV.. The whole Yo MTV Rap thing was probably where things stayed with that whole gangster stuff.. NWA had all the rappers who are now producers of several rap groups out there today.. It's more money related than caring what they rapped about when they were younger..

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Sure.. I'll just call you J's Boo for short..:heheh: 80's rap had a total different sound compared to new stuff.. Funny thing is you know that rap is natorious for sampling other song bits.. and they even copy other rappers tunes and it turns out to be a bunch of old rap loops.. 80's rapper I don't think had the ability to loop or sample other songs .. Maybe they would use a synth with pre programmed effect like you hear in that Rappers delight song..

I'm wrong on this comment.. Rappers delight used a song from Chic called "Good Times" in their song.. So samples were used in 80's rap as well..

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Sampling is used by all genres really. Some more than others but used nonetheless.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Apologies if I derailed your thread a bit there ILJP.. OK well.. This band came out with a disco sound at first but over the years they lived up to their name.. FUNK!!

And "The Strikers" could have been big..

And Tina Marie was really going places with the help of Rick James.. She played her own guitar while she sang..

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
It's cool Slippy. I'm a notorious thread derailer. One of my bad qualities.

I've always loved this song. It's corny as they come though.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glass Onyon PR

Members online