Best Rock Album of The Last 20 Years...

flipflop

Prisoner of rock'n'roll
Reaction score
"no metal" :wa

Last 20 years (so anything from 1990 to now) Ok, then without thinking about it too hard, I'd have to say:

Guns N Roses - Use Your Illusion II (1991)

220px-GunsnRosesUseYourIllusionII.jpg

Personally, I don't consider GnR to be "metal" but more or less just hard rock. However, if that is considered to "hard" for the purpose of the thread, then without thinking too hard about it, I'll take this gem:

Prince - Diamonds and Pearls (1991)

220px-Prince_Diamonds.jpg

Cool picks Lynch :grinthumb

Though I could also go for Illusion I and Prince 'Symbol' :heheh:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Cool picks Lynch :grinthumb

Though I could also go for Illusion I and Prince 'Symbol' :heheh:

Flipflop, I have to agree with you Prince's Love Symbol album is a great album, :good

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Just one? That's quite limiting. Though excluding metal makes it easier.

There's a lot to choose from but I'm going to go with a naive choice and pick the record that truly knocked me off my feet.

1998 -- Neutral Milk Hotel -- In The Aeroplane Over the Sea

In_the_aeroplane_over_the_sea_album_cover_copy.jpg

I don't much care for indie rock, really, and I fear my unfamiliarity with the form may have influenced the extent to which this record blew my mind when I first heard it. But as far as immutable classics go, I don't think you'll find another on the same pedestal from the time period described. It's that type of flawless record that -- despite being lyrically heart-wrenching, musically acute, and artistically soul-stirring -- somehow means so much more than the sum of its very formidable parts. This record is your first kiss and your first trip and the worst breakup you'll ever have and the time you almost got arrested... all rolled into one. And it's impeccable. It's a record that had never been done so well before it was made, and has never been equaled since. I'm not sure there's a more bittersweet 39 minutes in existence.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Not that I totally agree with you AAG, but very eloquently stated, and I have that album in the library myself.:D

fielding

Reaction score
My favorite (for today) would have to be....

Rush - Counterparts

Was thinkin da same thing. I'll throw another Rush album out there...

Rush:
-Snakes & Arrows-2007
R4CD01.JPG

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online