Baubles, Bangles And Beads

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
I don't know why, but every now and again this song just seems to pop into my head - particularly the Peggy Lee version from the early 50s! Guess it's one of those songs once you've head it, it doesn't go away! :peek What's annoying is YouTube only has a live version of the song or someone taking off the original studio version (which spoils it), guess this means I need to hunt down Peggy Lee now just for that song. I cannot remember what else she sings to justify if I should buy her for her music or not! :uh:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
My Mom had almost every album Peggy Lee released CP/M, she's considered one of the best jazz singers ever, and I don't think she "scats" either which is great.

Check out numerous compilations of her's first, I am positive you'll know more than one of the songs.

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Yeah it's definitely a name I'm familiar with, I had a look on Wikipedia and there's quite a few songs there she charted with, though I'm unsure if their the songs I might of heard. "We'll Meet Again" is a song I know (which has been well covered - even have 60s versions sung by The Byrds and a rare version from the Turtles) the one I've heard from Dr. Strangelove I think is Vera Lynn's version of it though, but Peggy would probably do a pretty good version of it perhaps, though I probably haven't heard it. "Just one of those things" is perhaps another song I've heard (unsure if it was from Peggy), just need to look it up on utube! :D "Mr. Wonderful", "Fever" & "Hallelujah, I Love Him So" sound like the kind of songs I've heard Peggy do perhaps, again just need to look them up. :D

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Peggy Lee was good friends with Dinah Shore and Judy Garland and they often appeared on each other's tv shows.

This song is the opening song from her "Pretty Eyes" album, an album full of sensual ballads. <<My mother had this album and loved it.

As You Desire Me

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Wow she performs "I Got Rhythm" so well with Dianah Shore, til now I've only heard Brian Wilson perform that song :bonk: But it's all good! :D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RudolfWilh

Members online

No members online now.