Bands/Musicians you are surprised are not in the Rock + Roll Hall of Fame?

BeatlesFan

Reaction score
It's surprising that they're not yet in the R+R HOF considering how influential they are:

Chicago
Kiss
Joan Jett -> When you think of female rockers in history, Joan Jett is one of those names.
Heart

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
Considering the list of names he's mentored (Eric Clapton, Jack Bruce, Peter Green, Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Andy Fraser, Mick Taylor) I was shocked when I learned that John Mayall had never even been considered for the RnR HOF

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Rush was inducted into our Songwriter's Hall of Fame yesterday I think Sox, and yeah what is the hold up? They qualify on every count as worthy.

I did read a few weeks ago that Iggy Pop and the Stooges are now being inducted,,,to which honor being bestowed on the band the indomitable Iggy replied..."So...when are they kicking us out?"...:D

I am not a big fan of the HOF period, it is so political and so many agendas that it doesn't always reflect the true standing of many great artists in the music business.

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
Aggrieved non-members of the Hall of Fame might consider making an offer to the Sex Pistols. I'm sure the Sex Pistols would be willing to consider any and all offers for their place setting in the Hall of Fame. After all, they couldn't be troubled to attend their own induction ceremony in the Hall after pronouncing it to be just a "piss stain". Now that's punk!

:grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online