Allman Brothers Band (Official Thread)

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score

The Fillmore Concerts is made up of performances from the two Fillmore shows that originally comprised Live at the Fillmore East and the concert portions of Eat a Peach, plus one track ("One Way Out") from a Fillmore show from a couple of months later. The 16-track masters from each show are transferred to digital and remixed by original producer Tom Dowd. The sound is sterling and the two-hour-plus running time makes this a dream for fans of the band, as well as an improvement on the original releases of this material.

Bruce Eder

Released / October 20, 1992

Disc 1:

1. Statesboro Blues 4:17
2. Trouble No More 3:46
3. Don't Keep Me Wonderin' 3:38
4. In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed 13:10
5. One Way Out 5:15
6. Done Somebody Wrong 4:17
7. Stormy Monday 10:39
8. You Don't Love Me / Soul Serenade 19:24

Disc 2:

1. Hot 'Lanta 5:32
2. Whipping Post 22:43
3. Mountain Jam 33:58
4. Drunken Hearted Boy 7:34

Hittin' the Web with the Allman Brothers Band!

Last edited by a moderator:

Berserker

Reaction score
I am getting this cd, really siked because I have never heard it before:

The Allman Brothers Band - A & R Studios: New York 26th August 1971 (2012) [Live album]

That good fortune and success can be short lived and transitory has been rarely illustrated better than by the awful circumstances that befell the Allman Brother Band in 1971 and 1972. The group s debut and sophomore albums, released in 1969 and 1970 respectively, had achieved relatively low sales outside of the southern states, but reviews were generally positive and American critics, particularly those writing for the by then almost biblical Rolling Stone, had come out in favour of the Allmans. But it was to be the marvellous live set recorded at New York s Fillmore East in March of 71 that would provide for the commercial breakthrough that turned the group from local curios into national treasures. The album, simply titled At Fillmore East, went on general release in July and both the critical reception and the sales were phenomenal. The road was where the Allmans had paid their dues and built up their core audience, and it was this same platform upon which the band and their managers knew they must now promote both band and record in the wake of their new found celebrity. So, back in New York a month after the release of Fillmore East, The Allman Brothers Band pulled up outside the city s A & R Studio on August 26th, to perform a show but one not just for the enjoyment of those fortunate enough to secure a ticket, but also for those within earshot of NYC s legendary radio station WPLJ FM, who were lined up to transmit proceedings live across the airwaves. The resultant broadcast is presented on this CD, available legitimately for the first time. A favourite of many tape and rarities collectors, the quality, dynamic performance and ambience encompassed herein all at once make for a quite staggering sonic experience, one that fans of this legendary act in its original line-up will relish alongside the group s other essential releases. Two months after this remarkable show went out, Brother Duane Allman, one of the world s finest ever rock and blues guitarists, was tragically killed in a motorcycle accident. Little more than another year on, in November of 1973, ABB bassist Berry Oakley sustained a similar fate in a separate crash, just three blocks from Duane s fatal accident spot. This release showcases one of the final appearances of the original Allmans line up and remains not just a delightful listening experience but additionally serves as a fitting tribute and historical document to the legacy of this iconic American rock group.

TRACKLIST
01. Statesboro Blues - 4:33
02. Trouble No More - 4:15
03. Don't Keep Me Wonderin' - 3:53
04. Done Somebody Wrong - 3:48
05. One Way Out - 5:19
06. In Memory of Elizabeth Reed - 12:52
07. Stormy Monday - 9:04
08. You Don't Love Me (In Memory of King Curtis) - 8:37
09. Soul Serenade - 4:18
10. Jam - 3:32 *
11. Mountain Jam - 3:06 *
12. Hot 'Lanta - 6:58

Duane Allman - guitar, slide guitar
Greg Allman - organ, vocals
Dickey Betts - guitar, vocals
Berry Oakley - bass
Butch Trucks - drums
Jai Johanny "Jaimoe" Johanson - drums

E-Z

Reaction score
Yeah happy birthay Gregg your voice was beautiful back in the 1970s plus you put out some really good solo albums as well.

I heard that LIVE AT THE BEACON cd about 10-12 years ago and it was noticable that Dicky wasn't firing on all 4-cylinders (i actually started laughing when Dicky went into his guitar solo- a few out of key bent notes!!) then soon after poor old Dicky was an ex-brother!!.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Dickey Betts Forced to Cancel Shows After Health Scare

Dickey-Betts.jpg

SOURCE LINK

Legendary singer and guitarist Dickey Betts has canceled a number of upcoming shows with his band Great Southern after battling unknown health issues.

The 69-year-old musician, best known as a founding member of the Allman Brothers Band, has been canceling or re-scheduling shows since the early part of April, according to Vintage Vinyl News. A series of Facebook posts announcing those canceled shows have included comments about the delays being due to “doctor’s orders,” adding that Betts has been confined to at-home rest. Now he has canceled the rest of his May schedule as well.

While the exact nature of Betts’ illness remains undisclosed, his manager posted the following to Facebook on Friday (May 10):

First the good news. Doctors have finished testing all of the biopsies they took from Dickey in a previous procedure. All of them came back negative for cancer of the bladder and prostate. Dickey is undergoing another procedure today to give him some relief from the problems that put those tests in motion. He is getting stronger every day and should resume touring next month. That being said, the May performance at Wild Bills is postponed (again) and a new date will be announced soon. Thanks for your interest in his health and your patience. I will update this situation again next week.
David Spero (Dickey’s manager)

According to his website, Betts is scheduled to resume touring on June 7 with a performance in Plymouth, N.H.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviraPeth

Members online

No members online now.