Allman Brothers Band (Official Thread)

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Top 5

Not My Cross To Bear (Highlights Gregg's fantastic vocals. "Sat down and wrote you a long letter" Goose bumps)
Black Hearted Woman (captures the semi Weird Jazzy Brothers thing)
Whipping Post (Of course. From "All My Friends" Yeah I like the Warren / Derek lineup. Of course Duane was great but Warren / Derek were just perfect)
Dreams (Shows the trippy Grateful Dead sprawling jam band thing)
I can't really end the list so I'll just name another great one.
"Don't Want You No More" great keys from Gregg.
The entire 40th anniversary show follows

Mention should be made of the Dickey Betts stuff.
Revival, Blue Sky, Jessica. Great stuff and unique in rock.

The account of Leon Wilkesen of Skynyrd after the crash when his heart stopped twice on the operating table.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/f...-skynyrds-plane-crash-ronnie-van-zant-w509500

Cloud shaped log?
Well OK.
I truly hope so.
LOL!

@BikerDude great vid`s and review respect

BikerDude

Dude
Reaction score
How amazing is this.
Who is this?

2498.jpg

Nope.
Duane Betts.
Dickie's son.
The old man around the same age.

thers-band-and-bonnie-bramlett-picture-id115847970.jpg

BikerDude

Dude
Reaction score
he Allman Brothers Band to Release Peach Picks: Cream of the Crop 2003 Live Compilation
allman%20brothers%20band.jpg

Next month, Peach Records will release a new live Allman Brothers Band compilation titled Peach Picks: Cream of the Crop, which takes from six shows the band performed during the summer of 2003.

The four-disc collection features 36 tracks in all, culled from ABB’s shows between July 25 and August 10, 2003, in Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, Darien Center, NY, Hartford, CT, Charlotte, NC, and Raleigh, NC. The 2003 lineup of the group included founding members Gregg Allman, Butch Trucks and Jaimoe, plus Warren Haynes, Marc Quiñones, Oteil Burbridge and Derek Trucks.

“That was an important time in the growth of that incarnation of the ABB,” says Haynes, who acted as supervising producer on this collection. “We had just released Hittin’ The Note and everybody was psyched to be playing a lot of new material from an album we all were very proud of and there was new life being breathed into a lot of the older songs.”

Peach Picks: Cream of the Crop 2003, which also features special guests like Susan Tedeschi, Karl Denson and Branford Marsalis, will also be available digitally, along with full versions of each of the six concerts. The release is being dedicated to the memory of late ABB founder Gregg Allman.

Cream Of The Crop 2003 Tracklist:

Disc One
1) Don’t Want You No More
2) It’s Not My Cross To Bear
3) Black Hearted Woman
4) Rocking Horse
5) Hot ‘Lanta
6) Old Before My Time
7) Come And Go Blues
8) Woman Across The River
9) Desdemona
10) The High Cost Of Low Living
11) Hoochie Coochie Man
12) Revival

Disc Two
1) Trouble No More
2) Midnight Rider
3) You Don’t Love Me
4) Who To Believe
5) Stormy Monday
6) Good Morning Little Schoolgirl
7) In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed

Disc Three
1) Ain’t Wastin’ Time No More
2) Worried Down With The Blues
3) Statesboro Blues
4) Stand Back
5) Melissa
6) Mountain Jam
7) Layla

Disc Four
1) Don’t Keep Me Wonderin’
2) Done Somebody Wrong
3) Gambler’s Roll
4) Soulshine
5) Who’s Been Talking
6) Don’t Think Twice, It’s Alright
7) Wasted Words
8) Dreams
9) Whipping Post
10) One Way Out

Read more: https://www.jambands.com/news/2018/...-the-crop-2003-live-compilation#ixzz5E9n71sgm

RockshotsPhotos

Reaction score
AllmanBrothers(2-2-1981(c)BillO'Leary)014.jpg

Dickey Betts again, 6 months after the above post. Court appearance possibly ? (c)Bill O'Leary/TimelessConcertImages.pixels.com/

E-Z

Reaction score
The early ALLMAN BROTHERS band from 1969 until about 1975/76 looked pretty cool but after that they all started to look like a bunch of cowboys the James-Younger gang maybe and not rock stars anymore so I didn't bother listening to them from then on although thinking about it again I did buy Live At The Beacon Theatre in the early 2000s only because I read that Dickey Betts was fired from the band after they played the tapes back!!.

Last edited:

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
A bit late with this info.

Four albums featuring the late Duane and Gregg Allman recorded before the formation of The Allman Brothers Band were released on CD for the first time ever, and reissued on vinyl for the first time in decades, on March 27.

The first record is a compilation of studio recordings by siblings Duane and Gregg’s band Allman Joys that was made in 1966 and originally released in 1973.

The second and third releases are the two albums Duane and Gregg recorded with their next group, Hour Glass — the band’s 1967 self-titled debut and 1968’s Power of Love.

The fourth release is a collection of demos that the Allmans recorded in 1968 with a band called The 31st of February, that featured future Allman Brothers drummer Butch Trucks, as well as singer/guitarist Scott Boyer and bassist David Brown. These recordings, which included an early version of the Allman Brothers classic “Melissa,” were first released under the title Duane & Greg Allman in 1972

m_duanegreggallmanearlyalbums630_021320.jpg

Allman Joys’ Early Allman — Featuring Duane and Gregg Allman track list:

“Gotta Get Away”
“Oh John”
“Street Singer”
“You’ll Learn Someday”
“Old Man River”
“Bell Bottom Britches”
“Spoonful”
“Stalling for Time”
“Doctor Fone Bone”
“Changing of the Guard”
“The Forest for the Trees”
“Northern Boundary”

Hour Glass tracklist:

“Out of the Night”
“Nothing but Tears”
“Love Makes the World Go ‘Round”
“Cast Off All My Fears”
“I’ve Been Trying”
“No Easy Way Down”
“Heartbeat”
“So Much Love”
“Got to Get Away”
“Silently”
“Bells”

Hour Glass’ Power of Love track list:

“Power of Love”
“Changing of the Guard”
“To Things Before”
“I’m Not Afraid”
“I Can Stand Alone”
“Down in Texas”
“I Still Want Your Love”
“Home for the Summer”
“I’m Hanging Up My Heart for You”
“Going Nowhere”
“Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)”
“Now Is the Time”

Duane & Gregg Allman track list:

“Morning Dew”
“God Rest His Soul”
“Nobody Knows You When You’re Down and Out”
“Come Down and Get Me”
“Melissa”
“I’ll Change for You”
“Back Down Home with You”
“Well I Know Too Well”
“In the Morning When I’m Real”

I've already received the two Hour Glass releases on vinyl and the other two reissues are on their way. To be honest, in terms overall releases they are bareboned - no bonus track, no inserts - but they sound great and it's cool to own these albums on vinyl.

E-Z

Reaction score
Going 'deep' into the pre Allman brothers hey SDM. A few Hour Glass tracks turn up on the Duane Allman Vol.2 Polydor records compilation on vinyl and cd album featuring Duane's studio sessions with and without the Allman brothers and other artist's circa 1968-1971.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online