Your Favorite Genres Poll.

Choose your favorite musical genres.

• Total voters

Odysseus

Kustom Kartilage
Reaction score
Jazz - I love all styles. I'm a big jazz fan.
Pop - loaded with hooks and texture, not to mention an abundance of time travel plutonium!
Rock - for obvious reasons
R & B and Funk - for many reasons, especially the pregnant, atmospheric grooves

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
I went with:

Rhythm and Blues (the older stuff, current "R&B" artists I don't consider as actual R&B)
Soul/Funk
Other (Traditional/Delta Blues and Reggae)

Woulda gone Pop if there was an option for pre-80's pop, but names like Madonna, Cyndi Lauper, Jonas Sisters, Lady GaGa, Britney Spears mean I won't vote for the genre in a pink fit.

Precisely my thinking as well!

:grinthumb

flipflop

Prisoner of rock'n'roll
Reaction score
You left out prog??

Also, I had to vote for rap/hiphop etc cuz of the drum'n'bass thing which I kinda like... electronica is where? Dubstep? Like that stuff too. Not a fave genre as such but I listen to it.

bobbyg29

Professor of Rock n Roll
Reaction score
I listen to everything on that list except Jazz and Classical. While I have great respect for those genres they just do not connect with me the way the others do and there are so many great albums to listen to with so little time.

Also I have not found any newer metal bands that have grabbed me (although I admit I have not been trying very hard). The only exception to that would be Mastodon.

My three favorite sub-genres right now (other than classic rock of course) are:

Alt-country (Steve Earle, Drive By Truckers, Ryan Adams, Magnolia Electric Co, The Felice Brothers)

Garage Rock Revival (The White Stripes, The Black Keys, Reigning Sound)

&

Power Pop (Wilco, Big Star, Badfinger, etc)

rtbuck

Reaction score
I picked everything accept for Classical, C & W, & Urban. Of course there is stuff I do like from these 3 genres but for the the most part I don't listen to them. I do like old C&W from the 30's,40's,50's,60's, & 70's(mostly the old Cowboy stuff like Roy Rogers, Hank Williams,Vaughan Monroe, or Gene Artery(Autry)). As far as classical I can get by it but don't go out of my way. Urban has some stuff I like: Grandmaster Flash, Bizmarky, Run DMC, & the Fat Boys but again I don't go out of my way to listen to it. I do like mixing in songs here & there when I'm making mixed CD's for parties.(ex. maybe go into "It's Tricky" by Run DMC after "My Sharona" & then from there go into "The Twist" by the Fatboys & Chubby Checkers which from there you can go into a set of any oldies from the 50's & 60's)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
You have a great variety in your library Bucky, not surprising seeing how knowledgeable you are about music in general.:grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OEITrinida

Members online

No members online now.