Your Favorite Genres Poll.

Choose your favorite musical genres.

• Total voters

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Seeing we have a diverse group of members now, I am curious what musical genres we all like or dislike.

The poll is straightforward, I will list the main classifications and add Other for obscure musical forms, you can post about them if you like.

You can vote for as many as you like, or just one the choice is yours.:grinthumb

My choices:

Alternative....

Classical

Jazz

Heavy Metal....

Rock & Roll....

Other. (Mongolian Throat Singing, and Bulgarian Folk Singing are two I like that are...far from the mainstream.)

Last edited:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I voted for any thast I indiscriminately buy depending on what new artist are out. Classical, Jazz and that growling metal genre iare the three genres there that I wouldn't even browse in a section because I have no connection to any of the artist from the genres. I can enjoy Classical but not in a pursuit type of way and Jazz just doesn't do it for me in it's rawest form, yet!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I consider that part of the main rock genre Fox, for the purpose of the poll it is close enough.

And why did I Know you were going to mention your beloved "Garage Rock"...:grinthumb

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I choose Alternative, Rock n Roll, and other. Other being country rock, which is still basically rock, but with more grimey blues infused :D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Soot you have a very diverse taste I already knew that. I will do my part to post some classical that might get you interested, I have been neglecting that section for a while. I'll do a blizzard of posts in there tomorrow.

I love country rock too Magic, but they are not a huge part of my collection, all the best ones are in the library though.:D

Thanks for sharing those with us Flower.:tup:

(I always knew you had a Little punk in you...:heheh:)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I haven't see the mad Bumper in here yet...I will bet he picks everything, it's even in his avvy window...No comment about you two bumping or anything else along those lines...:lmao:

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
I picked and the order for the most part is

Rock & Roll (50's - The Present, Prog, Acid, Psychedelic, Art Etc.) Alternative & Indie
Pop (From all decades)
Classical-including symphonic, chamber, choir, opera others.
Jazz
Punk
other-World- I listen to alot of world music that doesn't fit any of the other genres.
Rhythm & Blues
Grunge
Soul & Funk

what I didn't pick although I like stuff from these genre's too.
Country & Western-Mostly alt country although I like some country Loreeta Lynn, Willie Nelson, Patsy Cline, others
Urban-I like some hip hop and old school rap
Heavy Metal-not really except for some of the prog metal. screaming incorrent lyrics and the chag chag guitar sound really turn me off.
New Metal-yeah I like some of the borderline stuff once again on the prog side.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.