Worst style of music...... EVER.

Khor1255

Reaction score
I saw your point and comparison for boring music. ;)

Along the lines of rap...... have you ever heard those guys "beat box" with the flute or bass flute? Really interesting and fun to watch. My daughter plays flute and she said that is really hard to do. She would argue with you the validity of that form of music as art :grinthumb

Edit:

Found a good yt example

It would likely be very difficult to fart in tune but I don't think I'd call that music either.

I seriously hope you don't take that comment the wrong way.

I think it is great that your daughter is interested in the flute. Wind instruments are one thing I have never gotten the hang of.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Didn't Rap expose the sociopolitical problems of the big inner city?

The only thing they exposed was themselves as being part of the problem.:heheh:

Their Gangsta lifestyles was and still is a huge part of inner city problems.

Not much has changed in the hood.

Try taking a stroll down some inner city street after dark one night.

:pullhair:

The Gangsta lifestyle existed before rap became mainstream.

Yeah, but the point you're missing is...

a kid watches a gangster movie and doesn't become a gangster...

but thousands of inner city kids and white boyz listen to rap and become killers and criminals. (I'm not saying all do, lol)

How about Psychedelic Rock and the influence/promotion of drugs? Does the quote "make love not war" ring a bell?

Comparing kids going through a psychedelic phase after listening to 60s music to kids listening to rap and committing hard crimes is no comparison in my view.

ALL genres of music has had an impact and influence on its listeners lifestyles.

There's good and bad in every genres, but rap takes the prize by far for having the biggest negative effect on modern society in my opinion.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Groovy,

I'm not disagreeing with you. ;)

I don't like Rap, have never liked Rap, and I don't listen to Rap. I just want to be "real" when it comes to why Rap ever got started in the first place.

Face it, Rap is part of music history and we cant change that.

Aero

Reaction score
If Rap were a subculture like Punk was, it wouldn't be the problem that it is. Unfortunately, it went mainstream which changed everything.

Khor1255

Reaction score
Musically it would still be a non entity. Say what you like about punk. Even the worst of it qualifies as music.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online