Worst style of music...... EVER.

JuddBonus

Reaction score
Can't post a poll, simply because itll be a complete mess and way too confusing to boot.. so Ill go this direction..

Now (more or less) theres 11 styles of music, but TONS of sub-listings and I know that everybody hasn't all of them, itll be impossible. BUT! From where youre sitting right at this very moment whats the worst style/substyle of music thatll make you cringe, something that a prison warden might force the inmates to listen to to make them submit or to force a dictator out of the country...

Please list the style/substyle and a brief reason. Now I know this just might end up offending others, BUT, lets leave that part of of it, and/or just let it go.

Just because you might be offended by anyone culture (especially today) doesnt mean to hate the music.. I know if I was in that country and can successfully play that instrument, you know Id be jamming right along with them as well, or they had a festival Id still accept just because.....

with that being said... no matter what , I bet I can still top it..:heybaby:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Well considering this is a Classic Rock Forum our demographic is going to 99% say rap/hip-hop hands down. Since I'm the 1% who likes that genre I've got a question! Can we consider Celine Dion a genre? :oyea:

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
As far as a whole genre of music goes, my least favorite is definitely jazz. I can hear jazz in my head that kicks total ass, but I've only ever heard bands play it in a way that I cannot stand. I'm not even all that into it when bands I like such as Ten Years After incorporate it into their sound.

As far as subsets or particular styles of music go, my least favorite has to be pop music that's for dancing in the club. Now, actual full on club music is kind of cool. The stuff that's really made for dancing, stuff that isn't even released to radio. But songs like "Low" by flow rida or that new "What's My Name" song where it's just a pop song, but dripping with the feel of club music, I can't stand that. With the exception of Miranda Cosgrove I straight up do not like the mixing of electronic music and pop.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
As far as a whole genre of music goes, my least favorite is definitely jazz.

Your post made me think of this scene from Taladega Nights..:oyea:

Got to admit my two least favorites are Jazz and the newer rap stuff..

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
Any type of disco music that started in the Car Wash and Disco Duck and YMCA era of the ultra crappy music :):):)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Well considering this is a Classic Rock Forum our demographic is going to 99% say rap/hip-hop hands down. Since I'm the 1% who likes that genre I've got a question! Can we consider Celine Dion a genre? :oyea:

I think only if Priest can include Jimmy Buffet as a genre. :D

(As I continue on, just remember that you asked for this when this thread was made :flirt)

Now for me? Well there are a number of contenders that I could take in consideration, particularly the extremes on the musical spectrum that are black/death/doom/etc metal and on the opposite end mindless pop like "Whip My Hair" by Willow Smith or anything by Kesha (screw you, I'm not putting the dollar sign in your name) however as low on the musical food chain as these are the bottom level is still techno/house/dance/club/electro/all of those other names for the same thing. Instead of having melody like good music (or even bad music that still has melody) techno has beats....and beats as song does not make. The beat is the heartbeat of the song, it's suppose to keep it alive and moving not make up its entirety, regardless of how complex the beats get or how many are added. It's only a piece of what makes up a song. It's like if you're making a sandwich and pull out two slices of bread and go "Ok...so...instead of adding substance or anything else to this I'm just going to add more bread." and the next thing you know the loaf of bread is standing upright on your plate....and that's not a sandwich.
Just as bad as techno's lack of music structure is it's lack of substance. If the primary function of a genre is so that listeners have an excuse to rub their genitals on each other then I'm thinking it's a pretty safe to say that said genre is lacking substance. Now granted that is an oversimplification of techno (though not by a whole lot) I can understand it's for dancing (I use that word loosely) which is not my thing at all but I can still get that. However, it is completely beyond my comprehension how it has spilled out of clubs as a listenable form or music in any other circumstance.

Ok, I could go on but I'm done.

Clockwork

Baby Rocker
Reaction score
techno... the repetitive stuff with robot voices going through the whole song... i mean electronic music is great as long as it has depth but some of that techno is the same thing over and over repeating a phrase... can't stand it

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Well considering this is a Classic Rock Forum our demographic is going to 99% say rap

Wrong!...because rap isn't even music!

It's a form of mental torture!

:oyea:

Can we consider Celine Dion a genre?

and Tori Amos!

Cajun!! (yes there is music I hate more then grunge)

THIS is what they play in hell. :pullhair:

I'd still take Cajun over grunge!
:heheh:

At least Cajun music isn't depressing!

Although, that sample of Cajun, isn't the best example.

black/death/doom/etc metal

yeah, that stuff is pretty bad.

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online