Worst style of music...... EVER.

Aero

Reaction score
Musically it would still be a non entity. Say what you like about punk. Even the worst of it qualifies as music.

I agree. There's some punk that I really like, but I'm glad punk isn't mainstream because it would bring down the quality of music, like rap has done.

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Groovy,

I'm not disagreeing with you. ;)

I don't like Rap, have never liked Rap, and I don't listen to Rap. I just want to be "real" when it comes to why Rap ever got started in the first place.

Face it, Rap is part of music history and we cant change that.

Wikipedia seems to link Rap Music (which it also calls Hip Hop Music) to Disco which I guess makes sense in the light of popularity of Disco music in the Late 70s. Grandmaster Flash was perhaps one of the early key figures in the early 80s which probably influenced other artists to follow to that Beat though.

Khor1255

Reaction score
It has similar features. I remember when it first came out there was a distinction between Hip Hop and Rap. Hip Hop tended to have more of a flowing dance like groove while Rap was often more staccato. Hip Hop definitely sounded like Disco on a bad trip while Rap was beatnik rhyming by disgruntled postal workers.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I could've sworn I posted in this thread and went off on one about rap, but I've just searched and couldn't find a trace. Oh well, it's probably for the best. If I did post here, I would also rant about punk rock, eighties synthpop, acid house and all sorts.

Khor1255

Reaction score
I think that's what it's here for. To vent your frustration over your 'favorite' pet peeve music.

Rap isn't music so maybe some of the 'metal' subgenres or emo would be my pick for most annoying...

No, I know. Asspump! You know, very loud, simple repetitive beat, idiotic 'iconoclast' lyrics all mean to induce shaking of booties or ....... twerking........

That might be it for me. I'd pretty much rather listen to vanilla lilly 40s or 50s pop or phoney country than asspump.

Recky

Reaction score
I can clearly remember seeing New Wave "synth pop" for the first time on Countdown...probably Flock of Seagulls or similar and going NOOOOOOO....and my opinion hasnt changed

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I think that's what it's here for. To vent your frustration over your 'favorite' pet peeve music.

Rap isn't music so maybe some of the 'metal' subgenres or emo would be my pick for most annoying...

No, I know. Asspump! You know, very loud, simple repetitive beat, idiotic 'iconoclast' lyrics all mean to induce shaking of booties or ....... twerking........

That might be it for me. I'd pretty much rather listen to vanilla lilly 40s or 50s pop or phoney country than asspump.

Asspump....thats funny!

:gig

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It has similar features. I remember when it first came out there was a distinction between Hip Hop and Rap. Hip Hop tended to have more of a flowing dance like groove while Rap was often more staccato. Hip Hop definitely sounded like Disco on a bad trip while Rap was beatnik rhyming by disgruntled postal workers.

I agree.

These days I'm not sure what the difference is.

Early hip hop was not only similar to Disco ( which I'm a fan of ) but also had strong similarities to R & B. I can tolerate R & B.

Reaction score
I don't know which is the worst style ever, but i know that I hate the Techno sound, and i don't like hip hop, R&B... I worked with a girl that loved the Brazilian sound, and Flamenco, and also I hate it! It was a nightmare!!!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steviepaul

Members online