Worst style of music...... EVER.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Rise Against is a melodic hardcore punk bamd. Also who cares if a band writes about emotion? Every single band writes about emotion (either anger, love, depression.)

It's more about reputation of liking a band the younger generation grabs onto I think dude. Every generation has their bands including us when we were growing up. We were the kids our older kin wanted to hate on our music. It's like Nirvana is hated mostly by the people who grew up with hair metal and so forth and so forth. Kid idol worship is something you are not as conscious of when you are the kid doing it and it can be annoying when you are older and seeing other kids doing it. It's a hypocrisy though in a way that we frown on the kids getting hyped up in juvenile in the same ways we did growing up though. It's rarely about the music itself though. It just seems faker to us because they are out for a generation and create music that makes them feel good and all we see it a girl rightfully going through the age where "OMG" they comment on the singers being cute. It doesn't mean it doesn't have substance. When music connects it's doing it's job artfully. If you listen honestly the emotion doesn't have an age range. Love, hurt, anguish, happiness, fun. etc. are all honest and pure connections forever and should be part of the universal language of music forever! Cheers to bands that aren't too cool and are honest enough human beings to continue to connect to that and keep it going! :cheers2

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
It's more about reputation of liking a band the younger generation grabs onto I think dude. Every generation has their bands including us when we were growing up. We were the kids our older kin wanted to hate on our music. It's like Nirvana is hated mostly by the people who grew up with hair metal and so forth and so forth. Kid idol worship is something you are not as conscious of when you are the kid doing it and it can be annoying when you are older and seeing other kids doing it. It's a hypocrisy though in a way that we frown on the kids getting hyped up in juvenile in the same ways we did growing up though. It's rarely about the music itself though. It just seems faker to us because they are out for a generation and create music that makes them feel good and all we see it a girl rightfully going through the age where "OMG" they comment on the singers being cute. It doesn't mean it doesn't have substance. When music connects it's doing it's job artfully. If you listen honestly the emotion doesn't have an age range. Love, hurt, anguish, happiness, fun. etc. are all honest and pure connections forever and should be part of the universal language of music forever! Cheers to bands that aren't too cool and are honest enough human beings to continue to connect to that and keep it going! :cheers2

:clap::clap::clap:

Great post! I spend a great portion of my energy these days trying to make sure I maintain that idol worship... life's gotta be fun, ya know? If I'm too cynical to feel that way then fine, that's that. But in every circumstance where I have a choice (i.e. if I can push myself in one direction or another), I'll always choose to be giddy. Being reserved only serves to save face, and that's not worth half as much as the joy and euphoria of being giddy! I mean sheez, if I was afraid to let myself be giddy then I'd probably do drugs. :tongue:

Crunkcore

Fair point.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Did I fail to mention Muzak........

:heheh:

Kuaizi

Reaction score
My dislike for 30 Seconds to Mars has nothing to do with Jared Leto. He is a good looking guy and a great actor. But their music speaks "phony" to me. It's like they are taking themselves too seriously and "look how emotional we are!" but to me, it comes across as bad cheese and thin and transparent. Plus come on Mr. Leto, ditch that stupid Pete Wentz eyeliner please!
I don't think this has anything to do about "hating on the new generation" or anything of that sort. I am in constant search of new music that's any good and speaks to me, yet new bands that are interesting are few and far between. I feel there is a clear difference between a real poet and visionary like Jim Morrisson, and a hack ex-art student named Lady GaGa. A singer who sings with real emotion and feeling like Freddy Mercury, and the shums of Rise Against and 30 Seconds to Mars. Real bands with musicians who actually have technical backgrounds and musical intelligence, and can play something more than just eight notes. But that's just me. You can call me "closed-minded" or whatever to the new generation of music, but I beg to differ. My mind is plenty open, and inquisitive and intelligent, and I know there is plenty of music throughout the ages that's all mediocre. In the pop music sense, the concentration of goodness was HUGE through the 50's to the 70's. Now, it's like a barren wasteland, and the musical goodness (and artistic goodness as a whole) is thin.
So I guess we can agree to disagree ;)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Good summary Kuaizi.

I have already said the same thing, good and bad music has been around for centuries, that hasn't changed, and I never ever make historical comparisons between bands I grew up with and new talented ones...there has to be a time interval before you can make a proper historical placement of any artist.

And I have found Tons of good new bands,,,well bands from the mid 90's till now that still keep me interested in music and add to my enjoyment of the art form.

I have already posted my least favorite genres, everyone in the forum knows my likes and dislikes by now.;)

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
I think only if Priest can include Jimmy Buffet as a genre. :D

(As I continue on, just remember that you asked for this when this thread was made :flirt)

Now for me? Well there are a number of contenders that I could take in consideration, particularly the extremes on the musical spectrum that are black/death/doom/etc metal and on the opposite end mindless pop like "Whip My Hair" by Willow Smith or anything by Kesha (screw you, I'm not putting the dollar sign in your name) however as low on the musical food chain as these are the bottom level is still techno/house/dance/club/electro/all of those other names for the same thing. Instead of having melody like good music (or even bad music that still has melody) techno has beats....and beats as song does not make. The beat is the heartbeat of the song, it's suppose to keep it alive and moving not make up its entirety, regardless of how complex the beats get or how many are added. It's only a piece of what makes up a song. It's like if you're making a sandwich and pull out two slices of bread and go "Ok...so...instead of adding substance or anything else to this I'm just going to add more bread." and the next thing you know the loaf of bread is standing upright on your plate....and that's not a sandwich.
Just as bad as techno's lack of music structure is it's lack of substance. If the primary function of a genre is so that listeners have an excuse to rub their genitals on each other then I'm thinking it's a pretty safe to say that said genre is lacking substance. Now granted that is an oversimplification of techno (though not by a whole lot) I can understand it's for dancing (I use that word loosely) which is not my thing at all but I can still get that. However, it is completely beyond my comprehension how it has spilled out of clubs as a listenable form or music in any other circumstance.

Ok, I could go on but I'm done.

:heheh:Well you pretty much sum up my choices ..and nicely I might add !

Not a huge fan of any of those style and add the Top 40 -ish country music (no brad paisley, carrie underwood etc crapola) I DO like the old school country tho (Johnny Cash, Kris Kristoferson, Waylon Jennings etc ) That was real music ,real musicans etc..unlike the crap peddled out these days..all the revenge ***** really turns me off..

Oh and of course American Idol ....if thats even genre lol..no not saying theres never any talent but I throw up thinking about what that shows done to music..sorry I know that might upset a few people but it's honestly how I feel ..

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TGIElvis7

Members online

No members online now.