Worst style of music...... EVER.

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
There are three genres that make me want to stick a fork in someone's ass:

1) Country.

Wwwwaaaahhhhhh. Your wife died.
BAWWWWWWW your dog has cancer.
Or both, or the other way around, waaahhhhhh waaaahhhhh.
And when they're happy, they love their truck and the shitty bar they go to. When they're reflecting, they love their daughters/sons and remember them when they're little, and they "SHORE AS HEEEYYYLLLL LUVV AMURRRICA". Jesus Christ, someone get me a barf bag.

Not only do you have to deal with the monotony of the same old story over and goddamn over again, you have to deal with some vocalist with some cliche accent from who the hell knows where. I'm from Minnesota. People love country up here, and I, for the life of me, cannot figure out why all the yanks are rednecks. I really am completely mortified by this, and some of them even have some kind of country accent. What. The. Hell. This is not Louisiana, Alabama, or ... some other state where nobody gives a shit how they talk. Please. Spare your heritage, and get the shit out of your mouth. And turn down that damn country music, you're giving me a headache.

2) Techno/electrogarbage.

Don't get me wrong. I really love electronic music. When it's done properly. When there's not the same sounds being looped a million times, or samples from less-than-obscure artists of the past, or shit lyrics that are repeated a million times (you can really tell what kind of knobheads you're dealing with when they can't even write a decent song). Oh, and it's all about dancing. Or partying. Or having a screw in a nightclub, or something equally cliche. I just don't want to hear UHN-TISS, UHN-TISS fifty million goddamn times in ten seconds. What the hell is that shit?!

Not only is the music annoying, useless, and really has no right to even be considered "music" (or, by any stretch of the imagination, "art"), the people who usually fancy this shit (and express their love for raves and obnoxious behavior) are usually intolerable cretins.

3) Rap/hip hop.

Again, another genre that is TOLERABLE when done properly. Not when all you're singing about is your gang, your car, your bitch/bitches, your bling, or whatever the hell they're always singing about. (Can anyone really make sense of the lyrics once you weed out all the "muhfuggah" and "*****"?) And every other lyric is dressed with some obnoxious "YEEEEE-AHHHH" or "HUHHHH". This is another genre that also seems to enjoy making use of samples. Hideously. What the hell. I will repeat myself, at the risk of being redundant: this is a tolerable genre. When the music makes sense, and has a purpose. I don't want to hear about your bitches and hoes. Write me some meaningful lyrics.

[/endrant]

there are tons of thoughtful rap artists. Common, KRS-One, Lupe Fiasco, K-os, The Rootd, Mos Def just to name a few. plenty more thoughtful than the senseless lyrics kurt cobain wrote

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
Indie music has to be my least favorite genre. It just.... bores the hell out of me. I have no problem with slow music, there are a ton of slow songs I adore, but this what every indie song sounds like to me. It bores me to death.

Indie music does not have to be slow. Check out Bloc Party who are mostly an up tempo band

OptimisticFutureBlues

Pschonautic Outlaw
Reaction score
Anything too fast for real comprehension. Anything with the same rap beat ten times on a ten song cd. Anything mainstream country. Anything with pig squeals. Anything modern, popular and or on the billboard. (There are a few exeptions to that last one every once in awhile)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I think the title is "Don't Worry Kyoko (Mommy's Only Looking For Her Hand in the Snow)".

um.

But that would be some creepy business.
Panic-attack-inducing creepy.

Yeah I knew that...have it too...damn title is sooo ,long...I shortened it to my version. :heheh:

Besides "Lost Her Hand In The Snow" just sounded funny. :heheh: :cheers2

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Members online

No members online now.