Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Because..............that's why :heheh:

She opened the door for other women. Anne and Nancy both are pioneers for women. They made it "OK" for women to rock.

There is no way you can deny the fact that "Dreamboat Annie" and "Little Queen" aren't ground breaking classic albums. These two girls forged their way through a man's world and have become legend.

Argue as much as you want, the riff n' hooks of Barracuda are just as memorable and recognizable as Smoke on the Water :cheers2

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
I see the pioneers for women in rock thing but guitar pioneer ,,,, not seeing that at all. For one thing she is not even Hearts lead guitarist..secondly even if she did play the leads in Hearts songs, which she doesn't, that work is not pioneer material.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I see the pioneers for women in rock thing but guitar pioneer ,,,, not seeing that at all. For one thing she is not even Hearts lead guitarist..secondly even if she did play the leads in Hearts songs, which she doesn't, that work is not pioneer material.

I think you need to define "guitar pioneer". Your definition is probably way different than mine. What a pioneer means to me is someone who clears the trail for others to follow.

Let's back up a few years before Nancy Wilson with Joan Baez. If there was ever a true pioneer Baez fits that role. Folk singers & musicians were around before rock, so lets give credit where credit is due. Baez fits the description of a true pioneer of guitar for women.

If you really want to back thing up, Wanda Jackson was a major pioneer for women. At one point, she couldn't even get her songs played on radio because she was female. Wanda's original acoustic guitar is a display in the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame............how's that for pioneering :D

Modern pioneers of rock would be:

Nancy Wilson
Joan Jett
Lita Ford
Bonnie Raitt
Joni Mitchell

all these women have left a legacy for other women to follow.

:grinthumb

Jake T

Running With The Pack
Reaction score
She opened the door for other women. Anne and Nancy both are pioneers for women. They made it "OK" for women to rock.

There is no way you can deny the fact that "Dreamboat Annie" and "Little Queen" aren't ground breaking classic albums. These two girls forged their way through a man's world and have become legend.

Argue as much as you want, the riff n' hooks of Barracuda are just as memorable and recognizable as Smoke on the Water.

What Magic said. :cheers2

Nancy Wilson was a trail blazer in rock guitar for women and I'm sure thousands of women, young and old, took up playing the guitar so they could be like Nancy.

Imp

Banned
Reaction score
Argue as much as you want, the riff n' hooks of Barracuda are just as memorable and recognizable as Smoke on the Water :cheers2

Way better than Smoke On The Water if I do say so myself.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
I think you need to define "guitar pioneer". Your definition is probably way different than mine. What a pioneer means to me is someone who clears the trail for others to follow.

Let's back up a few years before Nancy Wilson with Joan Baez. If there was ever a true pioneer Baez fits that role. Folk singers & musicians were around before rock, so lets give credit where credit is due. Baez fits the description of a true pioneer of guitar for women.

If you really want to back thing up, Wanda Jackson was a major pioneer for women. At one point, she couldn't even get her songs played on radio because she was female. Wanda's original acoustic guitar is a display in the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame............how's that for pioneering :D

Modern pioneers of rock would be:

Nancy Wilson
Joan Jett
Lita Ford
Bonnie Raitt
Joni Mitchell

all these women have left a legacy for other women to follow.

:grinthumb

FOR WOMEN...thats the key phrase.

A guitar pioneer on the other hand is someone who paves the way for ALL guitar players ( or those in that musical field ) to follow...someone held aloft that others stride to match or even surpass. Others of both genders.

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
My head hurts.

Anyhow, here's a trail blazer from Hollywood:

8187316564_7878a396a9.jpg

Last edited:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
FOR WOMEN...thats the key phrase.

A guitar pioneer on the other hand is someone who paves the way for ALL guitar players ( or those in that musical field ) to follow...someone held aloft that others stride to match or even surpass. Others of both genders.

Then we are both looking in the wrong century for pioneers. Wait, I have an answer.......

Antonio Torres Jurado & Les Paul. :bow:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online