• Lack the natural talent/fortitude

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Record companies/media don't want to promote them

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Certainly wasn't the case with the Almanac's. This picture clearly shows Bess Hawes up front playing guitar with Woody Guthrie clearly behind her! :omg:

articleLarge.jpg

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not very impressed w/ her...she is very fast but lacks the finesse and style of Y. Malmsteen. I think that Taylor 13 already has it over her at age 13.

Grrrrr! DKW, you are just too hard to impress :grinthumb

Great Kat, I will admit, isn't as impressive with the electric guitar as she is with the violin. Anywhoo......she is still listed and recognized for being in the top 10 for fastest guitar shredders :D

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Grrrrr! DKW, you are just too hard to impress :grinthumb

Great Kat, I will admit, isn't as impressive with the electric guitar as she is with the violin. Anywhoo......she is still listed and recognized for being in the top 10 for fastest guitar shredders :D

I'm REALLY impressed w/ the 13 year old girl calling herself Taylor 13. Great Kat on the other hand is all speed and none of the finesse and style of her neo-classical metal shredder counterparts. She is however VERY fast.

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
Women make better piano players and violinists :tongue:

I would put it in women early on didn't get much of a chance just like the women piano players. Sure the folk scene had some women guitar players but I always thought they were more singers than players. Seemed the piano players were tougher at playing the piano than the guitarist women back then.

In regards to female guitar players I didn't see anyone mention Carrie Brownstein or Ani Difranco?

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
Vehicle & DaKillerWolf have put a close to this thread. Many reasons to place the fault on a particular reason.

Ooohh well, such is life.

You asked a question that has no provable (< not sure that's even a word) answer.

All a person can do with a question like that is share their thoughts and/or theories as to why.

Mine was just one of many thoughts and/or theories that have been shared in this thread.

Just wondering how I put a close on this thread.

Imp

Banned
Reaction score
How about this right here if I may: Nancy Wilson - She steals some thunder from the boys right here.
Heart - Barracuda

Khor1255

Reaction score
I like Nancy's playing quite a bit but no. She ain't no heavyweight.

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
Michael Jackson's female guitarists Jennifer Batten and Orianthi - Beat It solo
GuitarTV Presents Jennifer Batten (live at Musicians Institute)

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.
Guys play guitar (or at least try to) so they can bang chicks...That's a big motivator. Plus guitar is THE symbol and sound of rock, which is more of an agressive music, so guys are going to be attracted to the instrument to express themselves. For those reasons, I just don't think women are as interested in guitar so there will naturally be less female players vs male players. Personally, I think a chick that plays guitar is very hot.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online