Who's Halftime show-wowOW!

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
All I heard at work was how bad it was and how a more modern act was needed. I told them that I loved the Who. I then reminded one coworker that I liked the Stones show a few years back too. She mentioned something about their age. I countered that they made nearly a billion dollars touring in the old age appearances.

Words wasted on someone that lives for American Idol and line dancing.:lmao:

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
Hmmmm....I must be the only one who hates the halftime show. Regardless of who's playing. I'm an ex-coach and the one thing that the extra long halftime does is take away from the game. And isn't the game what the Super Bowl about? Apparently not anymore. Let them play and do all the extra crap either prior to or after the game.

Now that that's off my chest, I thought that the Who sounded good musically but both of them have lost their voices. It was kind of sad really, hearing 2 former giants strain to sing their hits. On a side note, isn't this something like their 19th farewell tour? Seems to me that they did farewell tours in the 80s and now it's 2010 and they're playing at the Super Bowl.:wtf:

Another side question, was it me (and the wife shares the same opinion) or did the commercials, taken as a whole, seem subpar this year? Nothing really stood out as cooler talk worthy.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Hmmmm....I must be the only one who hates the halftime show. Regardless of who's playing. I'm an ex-coach and the one thing that the extra long halftime does is take away from the game. And isn't the game what the Super Bowl about?

I haven't watched a superbowl in years (since i always work on that night) but I still do listen on the radio. The Superbowl is about one thing and one thing only... making $. The sponsorshits in the game now are SO annoying. TV is bad enough with commercials, but radio is even worse. Every other play is "brought to you by..."

It's beyond annoying. I was a coach myself (basketball, not football) and I agree, the game should be about the game. Extra long halftimes don't do either team any good, imho.

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
I haven't watched a superbowl in years (since i always work on that night) but I still do listen on the radio. The Superbowl is about one thing and one thing only... making $. The sponsorshits in the game now are SO annoying. TV is bad enough with commercials, but radio is even worse. Every other play is "brought to you by..."

It's beyond annoying. I was a coach myself (basketball, not football) and I agree, the game should be about the game. Extra long halftimes don't do either team any good, imho.

Glad to know I'm not alone.:grinthumb

Reaction score
Glad to know I'm not alone.:grinthumb

yes, everything this year seemed subpar, I was completely indifferent to the commercials, the game, and the half time show... everything... I actually fell asleep, which isn't rare, but for the superbowl it is.... I don't watch intensly or anything but the commercials are at least usually good for a laugh or two... but they were all boring and dumb....
I just woke up and was kind of like... well... actually ":wtf:"--that smiley describes my thoughts when I woke up and it was over:heheh:
I think a lot of the fun of it is gone.... actually... the NFL too, not just superbowl, but that's for another thread

flipflop

Prisoner of rock'n'roll
Reaction score
Hmmmm....I must be the only one who hates the halftime show. Regardless of who's playing. I'm an ex-coach and the one thing that the extra long halftime does is take away from the game. And isn't the game what the Super Bowl about? Apparently not anymore. Let them play and do all the extra crap either prior to or after the game.

Now that that's off my chest, I thought that the Who sounded good musically but both of them have lost their voices. It was kind of sad really, hearing 2 former giants strain to sing their hits. On a side note, isn't this something like their 19th farewell tour? Seems to me that they did farewell tours in the 80s and now it's 2010 and they're playing at the Super Bowl.:wtf:

Another side question, was it me (and the wife shares the same opinion) or did the commercials, taken as a whole, seem subpar this year? Nothing really stood out as cooler talk worthy.

The only Who Farewell Tour I'm aware of was in 1982. They returned in 1989 and they've been going on and off since then. No farewells or comebacks since 1982 as far as I know.

I agree that most sports have gotten really commercialized lately... escpecially in the States perhaps. But that's another thread :D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online