Who's Halftime show-wowOW!

flipflop

Prisoner of rock'n'roll
Reaction score
I thought it was interesting that they had Pino Palladino playing bass when I had just seen him for the first time the day before when I watched a DVD of the John Mayer Trio. And I'm told the drummer was Zac Starkey, Ringo's kid.

Yeah, the same band they've had for more than 10 years now - with Palladino the latest addition. Simon Townshend on 2nd guitar. Great, great band, imho.

And how about that drumkit!! And the lights!! Dang!

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I typically focus on a singer's singing not his screaming. In fact, I prefer that they keep screaming and other such vocal effects to a minimum.

Well I focused on Roger's singing, but there is that one scream at the end of "Won't Get Fooled Again" that I was shocked he actually pulled off.

flipflop

Prisoner of rock'n'roll
Reaction score
I just re-watched it on YouTube and I still think Roger did great.

Another thing is... how cool is it for the two of them to live to experience a gig like that?!! They're close to 50(!!) years into their career and friends have died along the way. And yet there they were as friends till the end despite all the hostility that's been between them along the way.

Dunno about y'all but at least to me that's rather touching.

Flower

retired
Reaction score
I just re-watched it on YouTube and I still think Roger did great.

Another thing is... how cool is it for the two of them to live to experience a gig like that?!! They're close to 50(!!) years into their career and friends have died along the way. And yet there they were as friends till the end despite all the hostility that's been between them along the way.

Dunno about y'all but at least to me that's rather touching.

I agree!

Tiny Tim

Reaction score
To the "they've gotta play the hits" crowd, Prince played part of "The Best of You", a song he'd never performed before, when he played the Superbowl. Not everyone is a gutless corporate shill. Prince may be a little kooky, but he still follows his own muse. But to the Who's credit, they freely admit and fully embrace their corporate shilliness.

monkeesfan1967

Reaction score
I didn't think it was too great myself. If only The Who could have performed at the halftime show around 1971 or so! Now that would be the ultimate halftime show.

runtfan

Reaction score
I thought it was alright. Roger sounded better at the Super Bowl than he did when I saw them 4 or 5 years ago. He actually left the stage for a couple songs and Townsend sang 'em. I thought the mix was kinda iffy - Townsend's guitar was in and out ( probably his own fault for messing with his volume knob too much). I thought the stage and light show was pretty incredible. And I loved Zak's cymbals. I'm glad to see old-timers get these half time gigs and I thought The Who was better than anyone I've seen over the last several years, except maybe McCartney...or I should say I LIKED them more than anyone for the last several years ( because I'm much more of a Who fan than Springsteen, Petty, Aerosmith, Prince, etc.).

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online