Who's Halftime show-wowOW!

Buff

~going mobile~
Reaction score
Hi folks, you had to know the resident Who fan would pop in for a remark on this....and they said Rog was losing his voice, sounded pretty darned tough to me.

Was anyone else as blown away as me? They are missing Entwistle, but otherwise I thought I was an amazing performance.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Personally, I think they should have had put Ringo on drums and McCartney on bass, then the four of them could have been The Whotles

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Eh...it was better than most of the stuff I've seen from The Who's live performances of more recent years but I wouldn't say it "blew me away". Pete is as good as always but Roger?.....At time Roger was good (for example I was surprised that he still pulled scream in "Won't Get Fooled Again" as well as he did) but, as much as I hate to say it, other times he just sounding like a rambling old man who couldn't sing anymore....

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
I am not watching thr game and wanted to avoid the ads this year so I passed on the half time show. I'm sure it will be posted on Youtube in a few days.

I wonder who has rights to the performance--the band or the NFL?

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
Personally, I think they should have had put Ringo on drums and McCartney on bass, then the four of them could have been The Whotles

:heheh: That would be awesome.

I always miss the halftime shows at the Superbowl because a) I don't understand nor follow American football and b) I'm not American, so I guess I'll comment when it appears on YouTube (if it ain't there now, it will be soon :tongue:)

Buff

~going mobile~
Reaction score

LMAO

Well what can I say, I'll forever be a fan.

Nice to see new faces. I need to get in here more often but ya know, pesky work and rug rats are keeping me busy. Plus LMCO has blocked this site. :wa:

Cheers all

Flower

retired
Reaction score
Hi folks, you had to know the resident Who fan would pop in for a remark on this....and they said Rog was losing his voice, sounded pretty darned tough to me.

Was anyone else as blown away as me? They are missing Entwistle, but otherwise I thought I was an amazing performance.

They exceeded all my expectations ... :grinthumb

Reaction score
I was a bit indifferent to the performance....

I wouldn't be against the Whotles:heheh::grinthumb

but I didn't think Roger or Pete was really outstanding, but then again what can you really do with a what 10 minute show? I though Pete's guitar tone was really great though, better than anything I've heard on record or bootlegged, I'm not sure why, but it was pretty great... aside from that it was just "eh, that was nice" and not think much else about it...:dunno:

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
Cosmic Harmony said:
At time Roger was good (for example I was surprised that he still pulled scream in "Won't Get Fooled Again" as well as he did).

I typically focus on a singer's singing not his screaming. In fact, I prefer that they keep screaming and other such vocal effects to a minimum.

They exceeded all my expectations ... :grinthumb

I agree. I thought they were really good.

:rock:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online