Who's Halftime show-wowOW!

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Here's that commercial with Abe and Betty..:heheh:

And good old Griswalds With Chevy and Beverly..

Gearjammer

Devout Heathen
Reaction score
Hmmmm....I must be the only one who hates the halftime show. Regardless of who's playing. I'm an ex-coach and the one thing that the extra long halftime does is take away from the game. And isn't the game what the Super Bowl about? Apparently not anymore. Let them play and do all the extra crap either prior to or after the game.

No, I'm not a fan of the halftime show either.

The have had the Who, Springsteen, Petty, Prince, and with the exception of the Who wich is still fresh in my mind, I don't remember anything about any of these shows, and I like all those acts. The only thing that stands out in my recent memory at all is Janet Jackson's tit.

Thing is, for me, I want to see a game. Halftime is a time I use to hit the can, top off the beverage, and maybe fill up the plate again. I don't care about a show.

There are a couple of reasons the shows themselves don't appeal to me. A lot of it isn't even live, which is understandable given the time constraints, but still karaoke doesn't capture my attention. Secondly, and again understandably, the have to appeal to a broad audience, and are likely to stick to a group of over played chestnuts. I just don't have interest in a sterile greatest hits montage jammed into 15 minutes. I don't want the set the Who played, I want to see a 15 minute version of My Generation.

I watch the Superbowl for a game. If I want to see a live band, I go to a show, or pop in a dvd.

rtbuck

Reaction score
I thought they were good even though Zak looked like he should be a member of Spinal Tap. I called the setlist except for "See Me Feel Me" because I figured due to the popularity of the CSI shows...
I was at my Brother in laws house & everyone was talking so at first I thought Daltry was off but I dvr'd the game & watched the Who when I got home & thought they did put on a good performance but I really wonder if that Scream was piped in...it almost sounded too good. ...Ah but what does it matter if it was piped in...who besides some music geek would even bring this possible thought up????

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online