What's YOUR Dio song - and why?!

runtfan

Reaction score
I'll take Stargazer as well. There's countless great Dio vocal performances but Stargazer is the tune that makes my hair stand on end.

flipflop

Prisoner of rock'n'roll
Reaction score
I'd have to say ''Long Live Rock And Roll''

Why?

Because it gets me pumped.

Sorry, I couldn't give a longer and detailed answer.

It's ok, it doesn't have to be a thesis every time :heheh: :grinthumb

I've been thinking about Blackmore a bit - on those first three Rainbow albums alone he came up with stuff like Man on the silver mountain and Long live rock'n'roll... huge, huge riffs that maybe we've grown too used to by now? Any guitarist would give an arm for just one of those riffs and Blackmore just pulled them out his sleeve for a decade or two.... damn! He's really only rivalled by Iommi - and I'd say that Blackmore outguns Iommi on riffs.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
This is one of the hardest threads I've had to respond to in quite a while. Especially with the emotions still lingering over the loss of this great rock star.

still thinking about it. I play Dio so much, as well as his stuff with Sabbath and Rainbow, it's REALLY hard trying to find the song that is MY Dio tune. There are so many along with so many memories connected to them.

:wa

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
I think this was the first Dio song I ever heard

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.
I guess mine would be Invisible. I'd love to be invisible literally, and I like to keep to myself these days. I'm sick of all the BS.
Also, Don't Talk to Strangers is also very me. I can't decide on one. I relate so much to both. These are MY Dio songs and I love them both.

Last edited:

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
Well to be honest...I rejected Ronnie James at first because I was loyal to Ozzy's Black Sabbath...I never was exposed to The Rainbow stuff until much later...

so I had to be slowly seduced lol...and actually it was by the 'HOLY DIVER' album...

The title track which totally got me and then

Rock N Roll Children

, I watched the video few days ago/it's kinda dated looking but it was a strong influence on me ..to relate to the song..of course I love all Black Sabbath, The AMAZING Rainbow era and all the other Dio lated solos and bands..this album ..this song..got me started

I missed out the first half out of blind loyalty..but that huge beautiful voice was too hard to ignore lol

Miss Ronnie :(

YouTube - Dio - Rock N' Roll Children

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Staff online

Members online