Thread Closed What Are You Listening To?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atrim3ntus

Reaction score
Re: Daily, Nightly and Ever So Rightly II *Chat Thread*

Well I don't mind the decisions people make, but in my point of view I'm in a serious trouble, cause I have no friends at all... apart from the one I asked.

Not gonna lie but I'm kinda in the same boat here. She's like, the best friend I've had since....as long as I can remember. I do know a few people but after high school work and college come into play so it becomes harder to do stuff because everyone's schedule becomes different. Like I work during the day while some of the guys work at night or weekends. And to top it off this girl is busy like all the time because of school (she's one of those with AP classes) so I can't hang out with her much which really is the worst thing :uh:. I do try to meet new people so it's not like I'm not trying at all. Oh and I'm sort of picky so that doesn't help

As for your girl, have you asked her the reason why she doesn't want a relationship with you? Maybe you could change whatever it is that's making her not want to be more than friends. I would ask her, I'd think it shows confidence if you do.

Oh, I see the problem here.

It's an unrequited love interest. I know all about that stuff.

It's a tricky thing to cope with, especially if you have no place to tell the other person how you feel. You're very young, I understand, but it's very much still the same concept. It's a terrible problem that sometimes will linger, and sometimes will leave.

I pined over someone twice my age, for the very longest time. I never thought I'd ever know anyone half as special, but then someone else came along who was twice as special, and my sense kicked in. I no longer pine.

I have also pined after someone I had no right to have such feelings for. It was such an awkward situation, because sometimes in order to stay very close to them, you can't tell them these things. You just have to learn to deal with them. I think, the coping mechanism for unrequited love is very different for everyone, but I also think that there will always be someone else who will come along and completely change your life (and touch your heart).

Well I have told her how I feel, over text haha...I know I know that's lame but the topic just sort of came up so I did. I'm incredibly confident around this girl which is the most surprising thing to me so yeah I can do it in person with absolutely no problem which is something I never thought would be possible with a girl I'm in love with.

Pretty much the problem between her and I is the age difference. She's 16 (gonna be 17) and I'm 19 so it's a little under 3 years difference so like I said, she wants us to get to know each other better because she probably thinks all I want is sex (she says "older guys just wanna ****") but really that's the last thing in my mind, in fact, it never crosses my mind. And of course her parents are sort of reluctant. I do believe these feelings will never die unless I find someone AS GOOD if not better than her and believe me when I say that'd be quite the challenge. Once we do get to know each other better then I'll come up again and let my feelings out

It's a lot of trouble for a girl who's underage but the fact is she did change my life completely and touched my heart like you say so you just can't give up someone who's done that, not easily at least. She's the reason I now have a bright a future, a life, confidence, etc etc. I mean it's quite the accomplishment when you go from being a total loner with no life who sits at the computer all day and has no job or college to being extremely confident in every scenario and landing a decent full time job AND looking up to finally going to college this fall AND having a decent social life (which btw is still in progress). Will someone else come along and change my life again? I doubt it honestly, my life is as good as it gets and I'm not even half way to where I wanna be so for that reason alone I don't plan in ignoring these feelings any time soon. So am I looking up to her becoming 18? Definitely. Even if we never go past friends I still wanna be around her because I've never cared so much for a person before in my life and she makes me really happy. Doesn't matter what level our relationship is, I still wanna be there to see her succeed and never fail at life, I owe it to her and I'll do whatever it takes. It might sound ridiculous to you guys but if you knew where I've been the past 7 years you'd understand

Last edited:

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score

As for your girl, have you asked her the reason why she doesn't want a relationship with you? Maybe you could change whatever it is that's making her not want to be more than friends. I would ask her, I'd think it shows confidence if you do.
She said she'd rather see me as her brother that never had before. I did ask if there is something I'm doing wrong and should work on that to avoid it, but all I got was "no, don't worry". I am still worried though and can't get over it.

It makes me sad, that I do my best to be very friendly, but no one gives a damn about me.

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
Re: Member's Picture Thread Vol. 2

Looking good, Sal..It's great to know that the weather is nice somewhere in the world:tongue::heheh:

Thanks, Tray :)

and since I've made an ass of myself telling the story many times already.. what's once more..:bonk:

The night before prom, a customer yelled at me about a dollar yogurt parfait not being up to his standard, I don't even make them, that's morning prep work.. On my way back to the freezer to get the yogurt to put more in, I took a swing at the wall because I was incredibly pissed.. Usually I'm smart enough to pull back, but this time I followed through on my swing and broke my hand and popped 2 fingers out of place...

:uh:The Little mom comes outa me when read this awwwwe poor Eberg !

people suck sometimes ESPECIALLY the general public :rolleyes:I KNOW you wish you tell mr uptight yogurt to put that yogurt where the monkey keeps his nuts:grinthumb..

I try to think of Dory from Finding Nemo when I encounter jerks..' just keep swimming ..just keep swimming..:heheh:

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score

Well I have told her how I feel, over text haha...I know I know that's lame but the topic just sort of came up so I did. I'm incredibly confident around this girl which is the most surprising thing to me so yeah I can do it in person with absolutely no problem which is something I never thought would be possible with a girl I'm in love with.

Pretty much the problem between her and I is the age difference. She's 16 (gonna be 17) and I'm 19 so it's a little under 3 years difference so like I said, she wants us to get to know each other better because she probably thinks all I want is sex (she says "older guys just wanna ****") but really that's the last thing in my mind, in fact, it never crosses my mind. And of course her parents are sort of reluctant. I do believe these feelings will never die unless I find someone AS GOOD if not better than her and believe me when I say that'd be quite the challenge. Once we do get to know each other better then I'll come up again and let my feelings out

It's a lot of trouble for a girl who's underage but the fact is she did change my life completely and touched my heart like you say so you just can't give up someone who's done that, not easily at least. She's the reason I now have a bright a future, a life, confidence, etc etc. I mean it's quite the accomplishment when you go from being a total loner with no life who sits at the computer all day and has no job or college to being extremely confident in every scenario and landing a decent full time job AND looking up to finally going to college this fall AND having a decent social life (which btw is still in progress). Will someone else come along and change my life again? I doubt it honestly, my life is as good as it gets and I'm not even half way to where I wanna be so for that reason alone I don't plan in ignoring these feelings any time soon. So am I looking up to her becoming 18? Definitely. Even if we never go past friends I still wanna be around her because I've never cared so much for a person before in my life and she makes me really happy. Doesn't matter what level our relationship is, I still wanna be there to see her succeed and never fail at life, I owe it to her and I'll do whatever it takes. It might sound ridiculous to you guys but if you knew where I've been the past 7 years you'd understand

Well, when you have the chance to tell a person you've been pining over, you have to take it. Because you never know when the opportunity will arise again (I have learned). So it's very good that you told her.

However. It is in your best interest to not let on that you have any romantic interest in her, at least toward her parents or hardly anyone else. Especially seeing that they're uncomfortable with the age difference (which is more of a matter of law than actual maturity). A gentleman will always respect this.

She sounds like a respectable young girl, from what you've described. That's an awful lot more than I could ever say about most of the teenagers nowadays. I'm sure her parents are aware that she is respectable; it's also very nice to hear a guy say "sex isn't important" - any self-respecting lady knows that there's more to life, and it's instant bonus points when the guy actually means to get to know them (rather than to get inside their pants).

It's a delicate situation, though. It really is. However, if she is truly a close friend of yours, she'll be around for quite a while. I can tell you wouldn't be one to mess around either - you don't seem very fickle, which kind of surprises me.

Wait it out.
For now it sounds like you have a wonderful friend, and you know, that's a very good thing to have. :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Staff online

Members online