U2 (Official Thread)

mrJim

Reaction score
^^ seems like something promotional or commercial, I doubt is the basis for any album. it pretty generic U2 and safe.

more like maybe something to keep the band on folks mind, with maybe an album to come.

I had no idea anything was coming from so its good to hear. has shown up on TV yet? I'll have to some searches on it.

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
I don't think Invisible is being played on radio yet. I could be wrong because I hardly listen to the radio. But I don't think it's been properly released yet, except through iTunes as a free track for charity.

Yeah, this could very well just be a one-off track and have nothing to do with the forthcoming album.

bbif

Reaction score
Yeah the DVD came out in 2008 with the video remastered and the audio remastering as directed by the Edge. This concert appears to have been released originally on VHS at 55 minutes, though the DVD extends the concert to 82 minutes. The alternative name for this released has been called "U2 - Live at Red Rocks", I guess given it only came out some 5 years ago, I should be able to get it. I found it on Amazon though it's a bit rich there at $58.

The track listing appears like this:

"Out of Control"
"Twilight"
"An Cat Dubh" / "Into the Heart"
"Surrender"
"Two Hearts Beat as One"
"Seconds"
"Sunday Bloody Sunday"
"Cry" / "The Electric Co."
"October"
"New Year's Day"
"I Threw a Brick Through a Window"
"A Day Without Me"
"Gloria"
"Party Girl"
"11 O'Clock Tick Tock"
"I Will Follow"
"40"

You can see & hear (and indeed download ) most of it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjEG3J0K2vw

Jonny Come Lately

The New Kid In Town
Reaction score
According to Ultimate Classic Rock (via The Irish Times) their next album should, at long last, be on its way:

New U2 Rumors Predict Fall Release for Album

Can't say I'm excited by this news myself, as I'm more of a fan of their 1980s output and this isn't the first time we've heard rumours of an upcoming U2 album - it was supposed to be released 2013, then it was put back to this year, then they said nothing this year...

I'm somewhat surprised to see that they're working with Paul Epworth, I mean he's clearly perceived to be a major reason for the success of Adele's 21 but I wasn't impressed by the production on Coldplay's Ghost Stories which he worked on, and I'm very dubious of the merits of U2 employing Coldplay's producer. I can fully understand why Coldplay wanted to hire Brian Eno in the past, given his work on classic U2 albums like Achtung Baby and The Joshua Tree, but I can't see any good reason for Bono and co. to wish to emulate the style of the largely lifeless and too often forgettable Ghost Stories. Of course, it's entirely possible U2 bringing in with Epworth had nothing to do with Coldplay and they were impressed by his other work.

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
I'm actually not a huge fan of the studio version of Out Of Control from Boy. It's alright but would probably not be among my favourite songs from that record.

On the other hand, the live version from Slane Castle in 2001 is great! It really became this wonderful new version of their first big song, albeit with slower pacing than the original studio version.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentonBeo

Members online