Rattle and Hum (1988)
Achtung Baby (1991)
Zooropa (1993)
Pop (1997)
All That You Can't Leave Behind (2000)
How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb (2004)
No Line on the Horizon (2009)
Songs of Innocence (2014)

Ratlle and Hum turns 25 this month...and I realized that we don't have a U2 thread! That seems sorta odd for a classic rock forum don't ya think??

So here you go, long over due!! Post your favorite stories, songs, vids, memories or share your likes and dislikes!!

Rattle & Hum

U2r%26h.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Really liked U2 right up to Rattle & Hum...after that I honestly didn't follow them very closely. The Edge is a gifted guitar player, I think he's equally responsible for the bands unique sound as much as Bono's vocals.

I did buy a copy of "Boy" when it first came out, mostly because I loved "I Will Follow" the first time I heard it on the radio.

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
There's a bit of information on the Internet about the early EP U2 had called Three
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_(EP)

Three didn't have much success globally, though on the Irish charts it peak at #19 in 1979 and I guess original pressings would be hard to find, though I was reading that this EP was released on CD when Boy was reissued in 2008.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
No U2 thread ? CRFs greatest mystery....my opinion on this is that I regard U2 as a bit of a "Backlash" band eg like R.E.M etc . Where a band was loved you bought the albums.....and later got bored and lost interest in the band.
Personally some U2 albums are still classics in my eyes. I have 7 in my collection. My faves being

The unforgettable fire
The Joshua Tree
Rattle and hum

.....loved the early albums too :grinthumb...must admit lost interest in them after "Achtung baby"...

Classic U2 !!

MP edit: Dead video removed

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^That's how I look at them as well LOU...early U2 were fabulous on record then they lost something a victim of their own success more than likely.

Have to give them credit for staying together, one of the true survivors of rock and roll any band that can stay together for over 30 years is worthy of respect.

I know folks give Bono a lot of stick for his personal agenda, which he does advance with his fame. Honestly that doesn't bother me, it's a refreshing change from the usual stupidity that a lot of rock and roll celebrities get in the news for even if I don't always agree with his philosophical bent on world affairs.

Favorite album...:think:...that's hard but probably "War".

SloopJohnB

Reaction score
U2 is one of my all-time favorite bands, which is saying something since I grew up in the 1960's and 1970's. I'm of Irish and Scottish heritage, so I relate to them in that manner. Also, I'm very impressed with how they stayed together with the same members for many decades. That's very rare in the chaotic world of rock and roll. Plus they made some unforgettable music.

This is probably my all-time favorite opening to a concert...

Zoo Station

And this is one of my favorite songs by them...

Kite

SloopJohnB

Reaction score
And they did some oddly creative things such as this just to make things interesting...

Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car (Zoo TV)

BTW I vaguely remember looking for a U2 thread a long time ago with no success. I assumed I was doing something wrong since they are such a popular band. I'm glad you started one!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online