Top 5 Singers/Vocalists

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Okay here are 5 right off the top of my head Tattoo'd Lady.

Rob Halford, lead singer for Judas Priest because he can knock the walls down or sing a soft ballad with equal facility. I consider him one of the best in the history of Metal.

Ian Gillian when he was with Deep Purple in their early years, one of the best screams in rock music period, he could do anything and do it well.

Cat Stevens, when I'm in a mellow mood I just enjoy the sound of his voice.

Pat Benatar, one of my all time favorite female vocalists, she blew us away when her debut album came out.

Ann Wilson, probably my favorite female rock singer of all time, she was just amazing.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
^^^ Bonus list LG..
Ann Wilson

Rob Halford
Robin Zander
Robert Plant
Tom Keifer..
I'll just keep going on till I reach a hundred if I was allowed..

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
In no particular order

1. Layne Staley- his a very bluessy voice also you can feel his pain coming through the speakers. Very few singers have the ability to do that
2. Sting- Huge ifluence on myself. Has amazing range and is extremely catchy in his stacatto rhythm whene he sings
3. Freddy Mercury- great live and bohemiem rhapsody is as epic as it gets
4. Brandon Boyd- absolutely phenomnial live and his voice absolutley makes Incubus.
5. Dave Matthews- one of the most distinctive voices you will ever hear. The only singer i have heard on key always. I have seen dave matthews band 6 times

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
No lack of talent in the lists so far,,,:bow:

I am waiting for TL to post Her list.;)

PinkFreud

Rock Junkie
Reaction score
Freddie Mercury (Queen):
He had such a great voice, and was able to sing in a variety of ways that many after him only could try to emulate (for example, how similar to Elvis he sounded in Crazy Little Thing Called Love, or how soft and beautifully he sung in Bohemian Rhapsody)

Robert Plant (Led Zeppelin):
Probably the most soulful singer I have ever heard. He put so much energy and soul into his singing that it put him in a class all his own. He could howl on one track and the next he's singing in a softer, more toned down voice. Great voice for Zep's blues tracks too imo.

Eric Burdon (The Animals):
Burdon had that great, deep voice that sounded so hauntingly good. He just seemed to have the right tone to make songs like House of the Rising Sun sound even more daunting and memorable.

Jim Morrison (The Doors):
Jim had the best voice for his time imo. He had a soothing, sultry voice, that, like Eric Burdon, was nice and deep. The calming effect it had really suited well to The Doors' music too.

Don Henley (Eagles):
The thing that makes Henley's voice so great is its raspy, gravelly sound. It's subtle, but enough to make a significant impact on how each word he sung was heard and felt.

Tattoo'd Lady

Scentless Apprentice
Reaction score
hey hey hey, who said im a lady? ;)

1. Neil Young - The passion and emotion he brings to his voice is unlike any other. when i listen to neil i know im listening to his raw emotions and feelings.

2. Thom Yorke - just love his falsetto and fragile vocals for Radiohead. such a great fit and it sounds so perfect at times

3. Bob Dylan - so many different phases as a singer that with him you get so much variety. plus with the emotion in his voice you know you're getting the truth

4. Van Morrison - Amazing range and power in his voice. all you need to do is listen to It's Too Late to Stop Now to know why he is highly regarded as an outstanding singer

5. Jeff Buckley - I just love his voice. it sounds so perfect and gentle but also angry and powerful. i can't really describe why i love it, i just know i do

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
1. Freddie Mercury - Enough said

2. Robert Plant - in the early days, his work on songs such as "Black Dog" and "Immigrant Song" is fantastic. Has dropped off a bit, but still great

3. John Lennon - an easily recognizable voice that stands out and is unique.

4. Aretha Franklin - the greatest of her style, without a doubt. Great singer

5. Bruce Springsteen - fantastic singer, his voice just works with his music in an amazing way.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online