Top 5 Singers/Vocalists

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
hey hey hey, who said im a lady? ;)

I just assumed from your handle that you were,,,you know...a rocker chick...:heheh:

My apologies TL, from now on I'll treat you like the rest of the guys.:grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Like Thumper said I could go until it reaches 100..but here's 5 off the top of my noggin'

Rob Halford
Bruce Dickinson
Freddie Mercury
Paul McCartney
Frank Dimino (Angel)

Honorable mention to Greg Lake

Tiny Tim

Reaction score
Chris Cornell
Ann Wilson
Jeff Buckley
Neko Case
Robert Plant

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
1. Steve Perry....My all time Fave. Great operatic falsetto voice.
2. Freddie Murcury........The best vocal range in rock.
3. Robert Plant.......A vocal legend. very eclectic vocal styles.
4. Paul Rodgers.......He isn't called "the voice" for nothing.
5. Layne Staley......one of the best dark deep vocalists of rock.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Justin Hawkins =-=-= Learning from the likes of Freddie Mercury, Robert Plant, David Coverdale, and others Justin is the ultimate student of rock royalty. His falsetto is the absolute finest (and highest for a male singer) in the business and he has such commanding control of it.

Freddie Mercury =-=-= Need I say anything?

Axl Rose =-=-= Despite a good number of people hating Axl and his voice I think he is hands down of my the most unique sounding singers of all time. He has such a catchy grit to his voice that works to great effect in huge hits like "Welcome To The Jungle" all the way to and through "November Rain".

Meat Loaf =-=-= The big man with the big voice. Despite the ups and downs in his career over the years Mr. Loaf has sang his lungs out the whole way. His voice is so grand and powerful in all of his songs that it sometimes gives me chills. And unlike other power singers who have lost their glory with age (Elton John, Roger Daltrey, etc) Meat Loaf still sounds great.

Ian Gillian =-=-= Often credited as the highest belter Ian Gillian introduced no holds barred high octave screaming to music and could do so flawlessly live (as evident on "Made In Japan").

Honorable mentions: Brad Delp and Mike Patton

Stout

Reaction score
There are many singers I like, but only one I can say for sure has really mesmerized me with his vocal talent and that is Greg lake, formerly of King Crimson and ELP. Another member had already mentioned him so I`m pleased i`m not the only one. Lake`s voice to these ears is quite authoritative, commanding, and quintessentially English. His tenor was clear as a bell and he enuncaited clearly what he had to sing. There is no doubt he is a highly talented acoustic guitarist and an underrated bass player. But his singing for both Crimson and ELP were icings on the cake for bands loaded heavily with talent.

Lake`s voice has become deeper over the years and there was apoint back in the early `90`s where he had vocal troubles. Its a baritone nowadays, and although i miss the golden tenor days of yore, he can still sing with conviction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm7-cysfE2c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3szRULqr17Y

Last edited:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
There are many singers I like, but only one I can say for sure has really mesmerized me with his vocal talent and that is Greg lake, formerly of King Crimson and ELP.

Sorry I don't mean to single this portion out of your post (and others please read the rest of Stout's post on the last page)!

But as my honorable mention...it's refreshing to see another person finding Greg Lake's voice so appealing! I took alot and learned alot from his style!

He may be subtle to some but to me he's a monster of a vocalist! :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I LOVE Greg Lake, his voice is amazing...he would have been on my Next 5 for sure MP.:bow:

taha

Reaction score
Tony Carey, the dude can light up the vocals or pace it so slow you fall a sleep.
Geoff Tate, can go from Metal to Ballad in a note, can go into that hi pitch Metal voice in a breath.
The only guy that can go higher and still sound Metal is Rick Sanford from LEGS DIAMOND

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Staff online

Members online