Hey Babyboomers.. How About Some Pop!!

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Well.. I once heard from a guy /musician on you tube that babyboomers..(me) hate pop music..

Why you ask?? Umm I don't know since the 60's and 70's radio stations seemed to be loaded with popish songs.

So I have went and done it.. I'm opening a thread about ALL your favorite pop tunes..

Think about it.. Pop is more targeted to younger people and thus.. the target is VERY influential to them..

The styles.. the clothes.. the attitude.. the weirdness at best is what separates the generations and allows them their own brand of music..

Have fun.. and leave the snobbish mockery in the last place you visited that had the seat down.. :uc:

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Right off.. A lady of extreme talent and has a hollywood way of showing it.. I belive this is AI doing her song.. Which is quite comical how AI changes the words somewhat.

Lady Gaga~Ma pa pa pa

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Charli XCX Baby~~ Love this song.. My guess is the asian girl was the one who choreographed this number..

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Kaeto~ Don't Ask.. Now friends.. we are living in a world where video's and images presented boggle the mind.. Alien life forms seem to be the new thing.

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
When I saw that thread title I though you were talking about 'soda pop'...like Pepsi or Coca Cola...
we call it pop in Indiana.
:)
I dont listen to modern pop at all.....couldnt tell you what one song by Gaga, Beyonce, or Swift sound like. I did listen to early pop in the 60's and into the very early 70s but after I got into classic and prog rock that was it for me. My brother and I had many 45's from the 60's for all the early pop artists and bands. I only kept a hand full....sadly. :(

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I grew up on pop radio. Roller skated to pop & disco. Listened to pop of the late 90’s & 2000’s and boy bands when my daughter was growing up. I still have every CD I bought for her….she wanted to toss ‘em, but I hoarded them up. She will thank me one day.

Honestly, I don’t listen at all to modern day pop. :nw:

I consider a lot of pop from the 2000’s as guilty pleasures. I love The Spice Girls!

Spice Up Your Life

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree, Lady GaGa is very talented, but I have no clue what she’s done the past few years. I took my daughter to see her on her first Fame Ball tour….she wore a dress made of bubbles and had a glass piano for part of the show…it was a VERY good show!

Poker Face

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I remember my hot tub being full of teenage girls blasting this song…and I just adored how beautiful this woman’s voice is..

Leona Lewis ~ Bleeding Love

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online